Author Topic: Best way to store XM Channel Lineup?  (Read 2016 times)

Frunple

• View Profile
Best way to store XM Channel Lineup?
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »
So XM changed their channels again. Apparently they do a couple times a year for whatever reason, so instead of me having to change all of my XM screens again I'm thinking of storing the channels in one location, then the screens will pull from there.
What would be the best way? Global variables is the way I'm leaning but not sure if there may be a better way.

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Best way to store XM Channel Lineup?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »
Is there a web resource that call pull that info for you? Then you could do some script that will daily check and update your globals. I like the global ideas as well (until there is an xm driver ::) ). I found this page googling around http://xmfan.com/guide.php#. Doesn't look too terrible to parse, then as an added bonus it shows current content as well on each station.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: Best way to store XM Channel Lineup?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:41 pm »
I was thinking the same thing but the actual xm page has popups asking if you have a sirius or xm radio then you have to choose something else, that i forget, and it seemed like too much trouble. But that page looks easy and it is up to date. That was the only thing I was worried about if using the "not actual" xm pages. But they just changed it a day or two ago and that one already shows the changes!
Thanks