Author Topic: Elve 2.1 Beta Download  (Read 28149 times)

broconne

• View Profile
Re: Elve 2.1 Beta Download
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 06:42:18 pm »
How's the HAI driver coming along?? Had to reinstall 1.5, then the license expired, so I did a complete new install of 1.5 again and the license is about to expire again. I guess John doesn't come around at all anymore so I have no way of validating the license. 2.1 is completely useless to me with the HAI problems it has so I'm kinda screwed until there's a fix for it.

I have not had a lot of time to look at it.  In October I start taking Friday's off and I have it on my todo list.  I did get the driver up and running in a test harness and the error was not immediately obvious so it will probably take some digging. 

Paul_Sharrock

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2014, 01:30:50 pm »
How's the HAI driver coming along?? Had to reinstall 1.5, then the license expired, so I did a complete new install of 1.5 again and the license is about to expire again. I guess John doesn't come around at all anymore so I have no way of validating the license. 2.1 is completely useless to me with the HAI problems it has so I'm kinda screwed until there's a fix for it.

I have not had a lot of time to look at it.  In October I start taking Friday's off and I have it on my todo list.  I did get the driver up and running in a test harness and the error was not immediately obvious so it will probably take some digging.

If you need any help with testing, then please let me know.
I have an HAI system, and already use a custom driver that I modified from the original.

Regards
Paul

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 05:13:12 am »

If you need any help with testing, then please let me know.
I have an HAI system, and already use a custom driver that I modified from the original.

Regards
Paul
Just a quick note.  I played with this a little bit this weekend.  I can't get the driver to replicate the behavior in the test harness.  I will have to do further testing running inside elve itself. 

Paul_Sharrock

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 01:23:30 am »
From where it is erroring, it looks to be a problem within Elve itself and not the driver, as Elve won't even save the rule when certain driver functions are used.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 07:04:00 am »
From where it is erroring, it looks to be a problem within Elve itself and not the driver, as Elve won't even save the rule when certain driver functions are used.

And it pretty much happens with any version of the dll.

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 10:39:15 pm »
I spent about 5 or 6 hours on it so far today and have narrowed down exactly where the driver is having an issue.  It appears to be related to the "PagedList*" properties of the driver.  Specifically, when Elve calls into HAI driver for the names and status for the paged list.  If I comment out those calls, in my limited test, the driver doesn't suffer from the connection dying, restarting process. 

I need to spend some more time and figure out exactly why that is an issue (since I see those calls elsewhere and they are fine) and figure out how to resolve it permanently. 

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2014, 11:46:38 am »
I spent about 5 or 6 hours on it so far today and have narrowed down exactly where the driver is having an issue.  It appears to be related to the "PagedList*" properties of the driver.  Specifically, when Elve calls into HAI driver for the names and status for the paged list.  If I comment out those calls, in my limited test, the driver doesn't suffer from the connection dying, restarting process. 

I need to spend some more time and figure out exactly why that is an issue (since I see those calls elsewhere and they are fine) and figure out how to resolve it permanently.

A little more detail, the function calls to get details about the units/zones/etc of the PageList* objects appear to be very expensive into the HAI library itself.  When those calls come from the HAI dispatch thread, they don't return control back quickly enough and the driver then disconnects because of some sort of internal timeout. 
I can can throw the PagedList* event dispatches into another thread and the system appears stable, but that is not a valid long term fix. 

Would someone be willing to test the driver without PagedList* properties and let me know if it is stable for them while I work on a long term fix?

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 01:35:00 pm »
I'll give it a shot. Send me what you have.

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 10:07:49 am »
I'll give it a shot. Send me what you have.

PM Sent. I have had it running for 48 hours without issue.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »
So far so good!
I still get this error:

Code: [Select]
Date:     11/11/2014
Time:     3:51:40 PM
Severity: Error
Source:   DriverService
Computer: OPTIPLEX755
Context Type: Driver
Context Name: HAI Omni Pro II - Debug : HAI Omni Pro II - Debug
Description:
There is a bug in a driver... The driver attempted to process a device property change notification for a property named 'LightLevels' however the passed in value of '-96' is outside the range specified in the property's ScriptObjectProperty attribute.

But I've been getting that since the beginning of Elve. Not sure if it's showing as a negative level or what? 96 should not be out of range.

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:16 pm »
So far so good!
I still get this error:

Date:     11/11/2014
Time:     3:51:40 PM
Severity: Error
Description:
There is a bug in a driver... The driver attempted to process a device property change notification for a property named 'LightLevels' however the passed in value of '-96' is outside the range specified in the property's ScriptObjectProperty attribute.

But I've been getting that since the beginning of Elve. Not sure if it's showing as a negative level or what? 96 should not be out of range.

How often do you see it?  Can you enable debug logging.. If in debug mode you see a line like this:  "HAI Omni Driver received unsolicited packet" followed by a bunch of a hex, right before you see the error I can reverse engineer pretty easily what is causing it.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2014, 04:22:18 am »
It happens multiple times a day.
This is the packet right before the error.

Date:     11/13/2014
Time:     4:46:47 AM
Severity: Debug
Description:
HAI Omni Driver received unsolicited packet (shown in hex): 21 0A 3B 02 07 00 89 05 00 00 00 00 DB 1D 00 00 F3 13 27 21 74 92 CE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4A 56 96 24 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 46 F2 00 00 00 C9 71 90 E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 04:26:13 am »
By the way, I had a problem, master service corrupt, and had to start over but since the new install the HAI driver is working great! Other than the out of range error, I see no problems.
I think the corrupt MS was due to the upgrade from 1.5 to 2 and the HAI rules. Last time I upgraded all the HAI rules needed to be recreated and I did not do that this time. So after I reinstalled, I checked the rules and they threw an error when clicking on them. I then deleted them all and recreated. So far everything working as expected.

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 06:10:58 pm »
By the way, I had a problem, master service corrupt, and had to start over but since the new install the HAI driver is working great! Other than the out of range error, I see no problems.
I think the corrupt MS was due to the upgrade from 1.5 to 2 and the HAI rules. Last time I upgraded all the HAI rules needed to be recreated and I did not do that this time. So after I reinstalled, I checked the rules and they threw an error when clicking on them. I then deleted them all and recreated. So far everything working as expected.

Ok, sent you a new driver that might help me narrow down this error. 

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2014, 08:14:25 am »
Sounds good.
Another thing I'm noticing... things aren't updating as they should be. Especially with the mobile app but it's happened with the Viewer also.
If I unlock a door, I have a boolean that should update with the status and it's not. If I stop the touch Service and restart it, the boolean shows correctly but it's not changing "on the fly". I thought it was just the doors at first but I just tried with some lights and I'm seeing the same thing. I can turn on a light from the mobile app and the light will respond but the app still shows the light off.
Also, I unlocked a door from the Viewer, it showed correct status. Then I locked it from the mobile app, the status didn't change on either the Viewer or mobile. I restarted the Touch Service and did the same thing again, status changed correctly on the Viewer but not the mobile.
Elve is seeing all the correct changes, I know this because I also have it set to send alerts when a door is unlocked when no one is home. I'm getting all the correct notifications, so it seems to be the mobile app mostly. I've never seen it do this with the previous versions.