Author Topic: Elve 2.1 Beta Download  (Read 29698 times)

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: Elve 2.1 Beta Download
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 07:31:30 am »
Found out why (sort of) my Omni rules aren't firing off. See attached.

I'm getting this whenever I click on an Omni rule in EMS Rules. All but one actually, and that one seems to work fine.
thought maybe they needed the newest dll so I put that back in but I still get the error. Funny thing is now I'm not getting the "retrying" but it hasn't been a long time yet since I put the new dll back. I'll keep an eye on it, just wondering if all the HAI rules need to be remade when using the newer dll's?? Maybe that's causing the disconnects? Just a thought at the moment, I'll update when I can.

Anyway I can get these rules back though?? Right now they come up blank. Not sure if I remember them all. I tried importing them through EMS but I get the same thing.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 08:07:43 am »
Interesting.  I noticed the same thing happened with my Elk rules.  I just have to go back and redo them.  Haven't had the time yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 08:33:36 am »
I just deleted and remade all HAI rules and so far so good!
All rules are firing as they're supposed to and no driver disconnects yet.
Using the latest HAI.Controller.dll.

I'll monitor over the weekend and see if that's the fix!

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »
The rules issue doesn't sound good... Is anyone able to send me their master config file from when the issue was occurring.  I don't recall a breaking change in that area.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 04:04:37 am »
So I played around with it again last night. Definitely related to the rules.
I changed back to the Elve 1.5 dll with the rules from the latest dll and I got the disconnects again.
Went back to the latest dll, was still getting disconnects so I deleted all HAI rules that I had and not one hiccup since then.
I'm gonna recreate the rules now, leaving the latest dll in use, and see what happens from there.

I'll pm you 'a' master config file...not sure if the issue was happening in it or not. Can't remember the timing of it. If not, let me know and I'll send an earlier one.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 07:41:55 am »

I'm getting this whenever I click on an Omni rule in EMS Rules. All but one actually, and that one seems to work fine.
thought maybe they needed the newest dll so I put that back in but I still get the error. Funny thing is now I'm not getting the "retrying" but it hasn't been a long time yet since I put the new dll back. I'll keep an eye on it, just wondering if all the HAI rules need to be remade when using the newer dll's?? Maybe that's causing the disconnects? Just a thought at the moment, I'll update when I can.

Anyway I can get these rules back though?? Right now they come up blank. Not sure if I remember them all. I tried importing them through EMS but I get the same thing.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this error (the FormatException error window Frunple posted above)? I saw mention of it with regards to the omni and elk drivers but I have not been able to reproduce it. If you have a masterserver.config file that has this issue please send me the file and I can fix it.

Thanks
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 03:09:30 pm »

Is anyone else able to reproduce this error (the FormatException error window Frunple posted above)? I saw mention of it with regards to the omni and elk drivers but I have not been able to reproduce it. If you have a masterserver.config file that has this issue please send me the file and I can fix it.

Thanks

When I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.1 I did notice that all of my HAI rules broke.  I can't recall if it was that exact error or not.  I still have my 1.5 VM so I can clone it again and upgrade to 2.1 to verify if it is that exact same error or not.
Will let you know.

broconne

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »
Seeing something else very odd with 2.1 and the HAI driver.  Whenever any zone status changes rules are firing for unrelated zones and even unrelated functions.

Here is an example:
I have a rule that starts a timer when the front door is open
I have a rule that starts a timer when the mudroom door is open
I have a rule that sends a UPB link on a different network when the light level of a unit changes.

I look in my log and all three rules just fired when I opened the guest room door - which has no rules associated with it.

John -
  Finished fixing the Google Calendar Driver.. If you want to send me the latest HAI driver I can take a look at fixing the issues above, start issues, etc. 

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 03:10:06 pm »
Seeing something else very odd with 2.1 and the HAI driver.  Whenever any zone status changes rules are firing for unrelated zones and even unrelated functions.

Here is an example:
I have a rule that starts a timer when the front door is open
I have a rule that starts a timer when the mudroom door is open
I have a rule that sends a UPB link on a different network when the light level of a unit changes.

I look in my log and all three rules just fired when I opened the guest room door - which has no rules associated with it.

John -
  Finished fixing the Google Calendar Driver.. If you want to send me the latest HAI driver I can take a look at fixing the issues above, start issues, etc.

Thank you. I probably won't be able to get to this until Tuesday night. Thanks again.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 07:08:43 pm »
...If you want to send me the latest HAI driver I can take a look at fixing the issues above, start issues, etc.

I have sent you the HAI driver source, thanks again!!!
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Paul_Sharrock

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2014, 07:43:59 am »

Thanks

I am getting this same exact issue.

I am also using my own version of the HAI driver, but get the same issue with the standard driver.
Re-creating the rule doesn't fix the problem, however, if I paste in my existing flags based rule, it errors on save, and shows blank, however, the log file, has all the comments from the rule, so it is working, but just not displaying in the rules engine.

Paul

dvand

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
Finally upgraded last night and I'm getting the same issue with the elk driver.  So I deleted my rules and started over. I'll play more tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dvand

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 04:27:16 pm »
Finally upgraded last night and I'm getting the same issue with the elk driver.  So I deleted my rules and started over. I'll play more tonight.

So far deleting and re-creating my rules seems to work...

Paul_Sharrock

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:19 am »

So far deleting and re-creating my rules seems to work...

I get the error even when creating a new rule, and paste in the previous script.

Paul

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2014, 05:29:44 am »
How's the HAI driver coming along?? Had to reinstall 1.5, then the license expired, so I did a complete new install of 1.5 again and the license is about to expire again. I guess John doesn't come around at all anymore so I have no way of validating the license. 2.1 is completely useless to me with the HAI problems it has so I'm kinda screwed until there's a fix for it.