Author Topic: Device Properties tab in Device Manager not displaying properly  (Read 3112 times)

jayd

• View Profile
Device Properties tab in Device Manager not displaying properly
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:05:00 am »
Not sure what is causing this, but the device property tab on the device manager does not display properly.  See attached.  This is on my Win 7 x64 machine.  I have another machine that does not have this behavior, so It may be something installed (or not installed!)?

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Device Properties tab in Device Manager not displaying properly
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:26:08 pm »
Does it happen with every device?

Also please ensure you have the most recent Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack installed.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

jayd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:29:20 pm »
Yes, its on every device.  I have .NET 3.5 SP1 on this machine. 

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:19 pm »
Are you still seeing this issue? I have not been able to duplicate the issue.

Can you check if your system display settings, is the DPI set to 100% or something else?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:58:18 am »
I am still not able to reproduce this and have not had any other reports of this. :(

1. At what point do the visual elements get so small?  Are they that way the whole time?
2. Does this only happen on the Properties tab?
3. When you manually resize the window to the smaller than normal display elements change size at all?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

jayd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:10 am »
I am still not able to reproduce this and have not had any other reports of this. :(

1. At what point do the visual elements get so small?  Are they that way the whole time?
2. Does this only happen on the Properties tab?
3. When you manually resize the window to the smaller than normal display elements change size at all?

Hi John - I was able to fix this per your previous recommendation.  My display was set to 125% (default).  Changing this to 100% makes the Properties screen look correct.

A couple of things -- when at 125%, if I widen the window to full screen width, I am able to read the properties.  Its almost as if the width is based on window % versus panel %.  Resizing the window on the other tabs does not cause any changes to the grid widths.  Also, on this computer, the backgrounds of the panel are white -- on my other machine, the backgrounds are gray.  I cant see any reason for this one..

Thanks

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:46:35 am »
I did some research and it looks like other people have had trouble with the .net splitter control (the thing that splits the view vertivally) and dpi settings. This control is part of the Microsoft .net framework. Unfortunately I have not found a solution for the problem other than removing the splitter control. It sounds like you have things working and we haven't had other users report this so I'll put it on the back burner. I'll keep looking for a better solution.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies