Configuration > Web Browser Interface

Web Site will not work on IIS Windows Home Server 2011 (RESOLVED)

(1/4) > >>

Mogulbasher:
I saw another topic on this but it was 120 days old so I thought I would post a new one.

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "j9sp" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list

Discussion seems to be about integrated vs classic pipeline mode.  I have made sure that the application is running in what IIS calls the Classic .NET AppPool which is .Net Framework 2.0 Pipline mode classic.

Under the things you can try it lists
•Install ASP.NET if you are using managed handler.
•Ensure that the handler module's name is specified correctly. Module names are case-sensitive and use the format modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule".

I have made sure .NET 2 is running by typing aspnet_regiis.exe -i at the command prompt in the .net 2 folder

The other one seems to be something I cant deal with as I assume its inside the DLL files.

Any advice...

Thanks Andrew

Mogulbasher:
oh and I checked that ASP was running on the server in the Roles section of installed programs and features

John Hughes:
I have not tested it on 2011 yet but it should work.

Did you take a look at the documentation here: http://codecoretechnologies.com/content/Configuring%20IIS%20for%20J9SP.ashx

Also, it should work with both pipeline modes... it's just a matter of how you configure the web.config file.

Mogulbasher:
Yes I followed the instructions.

John Hughes:
Please try running the following command to ensure asp.net is completely registered with iis:

aspnet_regiis.exe - i

You will need to run this from a command prompt with administrative privileges.

The exe can be found here: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version