Author Topic: Z-wave  (Read 1490 times)

msorby

• View Profile
Z-wave
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:25:15 am »
Hi,
Does the  Leviton Vizia RF RZC0P or VRC0P come in a Euro version? I have not been able to locate it.

What sort of z-wave devices does Elve support? Motion sensors, window/door(contact) sensors, thermostats etc.

Best regards,
Morten 

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Z-wave
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:44:33 pm »
I'm not familiar with a European version.

The VRC0P module has documentation for controlling switches/plugins and some thermostat commands only.  The Elve driver supports the documented switch/plugin commands but does not yet support thermostats.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

msorby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:07:38 am »
Thank you for the answer, albeit not as positive as I'd hoped thoug.

How does the Mi Casa Verde compare to a local usb stick?
From my understanding the Vera supports all z-wave types, like sensorse and such, are these pulled over to Elve?
How does the two-way communication work with the Vera? Is it instant? Or are Elve pulling info from the Vera unit?

I've invested in some z-wave that I use in our livingroom and it works well, I want to incorporate in a larger scale, so I'd like to settle on a solution that is compatible with Elve. A standalone unit like the Vera might perhaps be a good solution?
Any experience with the unit out there? and the interop with Elve?

Regards,
Morten

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:55:28 pm »
Vera didn't like working with my ViziaRF network for some reason so I can't really speak to that.

Elve does pull in much of the zwave data from Vera but from my understanding the latest vera builds break backwards compatibility and do not work with Elve.  I'm not sure why they would break that kind of compatibility, not have I confirmed that this is true... it was reported to me by a Vera user.

The version of Vera that I have has a web service that Elve polls and send commands to.

I would also be interested in more information. You might consider posting a message on the Vera forums.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies