Author Topic: TouchScreen Service crash ...  (Read 2403 times)

elehuy

• View Profile
TouchScreen Service crash ...
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:17:58 am »
I installed 2.0 without really playing with it.
It upgraded fine, one little note, the system is saying my license will expire in 29 days ... near expiration warning.

So I let it run and after a day:

I got a crash of the touch screen service (I think), I got this error many times:
Connection monitoring sent a request after 30 seconds of device silence and failed to receive a response from the device within 30 seconds so the connection is assumed to be lost.

then I got this:

An error occured when an incoming connection was made to the Touch Service

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at TouchScreen.TouchServiceSessionCollection.RemoveExcessiveDisconnectedSessions()
   at TouchScreen.TouchTcpListenerServer.doAcceptTcpClientCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

followed by

An unexpected error occurred while processing the response. Payload Type: 29, Payload data: 1000000004D503F749E8CA48A27705FDB890CFC2
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TouchScreen.TouchTcpServer.tcp_MessageReceived(Object sender, MessageReceivedEventArgs e)

then flood by this:
An error occured when an incoming connection was made to the Touch Service

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TouchScreen.TouchServiceSessionCollection.<RemoveExcessiveDisconnectedSessions>b__3(TouchServiceSession s)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at TouchScreen.TouchServiceSessionCollection.RemoveExcessiveDisconnectedSessions()
   at TouchScreen.TouchTcpListenerServer.doAcceptTcpClientCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

I restarted the touch service. It seems fine now.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: TouchScreen Service crash ...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:14:31 pm »
Thanks for the detailed post!

I have made some changes to try to prevent this in the future.

I should have a new build within a few days which includes the features posted in the Elve 2.0 Features thread.

PS: The Elve 2.0 beta has a timed expiration which is why you see the warning. I should have an update soon.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:19:14 pm by John Hughes »
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

elehuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:02:19 pm »
Hi John,
just got an another issue with touch service from the logs.
I can't connect anymore. Touch screen was open on ipad while watching something and it has (at a break) a cannot connect message and I checked the logs.

I got the same exception twice

An unexpected error occurred while processing the response. Payload Type: 6, Payload data: 0400000069706164100000005DE16FA2FAB8C343BBB8280BD120CBF5100000000810F491F79D4A936CB748A677853606

Server stack trace:
   at Common.SystemUtility.ConcatenateByteArrays(Byte[][] arrays)
   at MasterService.RemotingClass.Authenticate(String username, Byte[] authenticationToken, Byte[] responseToken, Byte[] responseHash, UserAccount& out_user)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at
  • :

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at SharedLibrary.IRemotingClass.Authenticate(String username, Byte[] authenticationToken, Byte[] responseToken, Byte[] responseHash, UserAccount& out_user)
   at TouchScreen.TouchTcpServer.tcp_MessageReceived(Object sender, MessageReceivedEventArgs e)

An unexpected error occurred while processing the response. Payload Type: 6, Payload data: 0400000069706164100000009B06E50CEC03184FB0964CBB2E208E79100000002A1BD4DDACE9C456CF42C210883BDA1C

Server stack trace:
   at Common.SystemUtility.ConcatenateByteArrays(Byte[][] arrays)
   at MasterService.RemotingClass.Authenticate(String username, Byte[] authenticationToken, Byte[] responseToken, Byte[] responseHash, UserAccount& out_user)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at
  • :

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at SharedLibrary.IRemotingClass.Authenticate(String username, Byte[] authenticationToken, Byte[] responseToken, Byte[] responseHash, UserAccount& out_user)

and when I tried reconnecting the ipad I got these errors

The user 'ipad' failed to authenticate with the Touch Service. Result: InvalidUsernameOrPassword

An error occured in BinaryTcpCommunication_ReceivedBytes().

InvalidOperationException: The ReadBufferEnabled property is false so the ReadBuffer property is not available. Set the ReadBufferEnabled property to true to enable the buffer.

System.InvalidOperationException: The ReadBufferEnabled property is false so the ReadBuffer property is not available. Set the ReadBufferEnabled property to true to enable the buffer.
   at CodecoreTechnologies.Elve.DriverFramework.Communication.BaseCommunication.get_ReadBuffer()
   at SharedLibrary.BinaryTcpCommunication.getNextValidRendererHeader(RendererHeader& header)
   at SharedLibrary.BinaryTcpCommunication.BinaryTcpCommunication_ReceivedBytes(Object sender, ReceivedBytesEventArgs e)

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:46:50 pm »
Can you check if the user's password is blank?  This might cause the exception you were seeing.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies