Author Topic: How are things working for you?  (Read 1915 times)

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
How are things working for you?
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »
I haven't seen many complaints in the beta board so I thought I would ask how things are going?

I should have a new build this weekend... you may have noticed that the current beta will expire in a few days.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: How are things working for you?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »
I see it mentioned about the builder app now able to edit interfaces larger than the screen resolution.  What about the viewer app to display interfaces larger than the screen resolution.? Using the new demo screens bottom of the viewer is cut off. When I toggle full screen the top is cut off with no ability to move the window.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:42 pm »
Is the 'notification to viewer apps' feature already on the mobile apps? I couldn't get a notification to display on either my android or iphone viewer. Displayed fine on the pc viewer.

Edit: 'Send To All Users' worked for the mobile apps. Send to a specific user I couldn't get working.

PS: could this functionality be extended to act as a dialog box? Like have yes / no , OK / cancel buttons on the dialog and then send the users value back to the calling script for processing.  That would open a lot of possibilities I think.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:25:37 pm by iostream212 »
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »
I see it mentioned about the builder app now able to edit interfaces larger than the screen resolution.  What about the viewer app to display interfaces larger than the screen resolution.? Using the new demo screens bottom of the viewer is cut off. When I toggle full screen the top is cut off with no ability to move the window.

Touch Screen Viewer Lite and the Elve Mobile apps support this but Touch Screen Viewer does not yet. It's on the list but may not make it into v2.0.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:22:22 pm »
Is the 'notification to viewer apps' feature already on the mobile apps? I couldn't get a notification to display on either my android or iphone viewer. Displayed fine on the pc viewer.

Edit: 'Send To All Users' worked for the mobile apps. Send to a specific user I couldn't get working.

The iOS app is not completely up to date. I will try to get it submitted to Apple this week.

The mobile app must be running to receive the notification at this time.

Sending to a specific user should be working. Were you signed into Elve Mobile as the specified user name?

PS: could this functionality be extended to act as a dialog box? Like have yes / no , OK / cancel buttons on the dialog and then send the users value back to the calling script for processing.  That would open a lot of possibilities I think.

It "could" however due to the nature of modal questions it could cause a script to halt until the user responded which could be days.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

elehuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:47:07 am »
vacations time, so it's slower on toys (which Elve is among) :)

I have some issue with the DSC driver and rule parameters when it's an array (not sure it's the proper term)

I still have some responsiveness issue, mostly with the iOS viewer. (it sometimes freeze but it's nothing new, I'm suspecting my driver or how I use it)
I'm trying to isolate to a minimum what's the problem.

I'm using my Anthem D2v driver and I'm using the binded properties like power state or source selection to have a visual difference.
For example, I'm changing the color font of the source button when this source is selected or I change the power icon according to the power state.

I'm trying to see if I have this "problem" using a computer too.
I'll let you know.

otherwise no major issue.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »
Sending to a specific user should be working. Were you signed into Elve Mobile as the specified user name?

Yes. I have tested it again and can confirm from the android app that send to user notification is not working. It did work on the pc viewer.