Author Topic: XBMC driver?  (Read 1862 times)

Rickerdo

• View Profile
XBMC driver?
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:33:31 am »
Any plans to include a driver for XBMC's JSON API? Here's a link to the API docs - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON-RPC_API/v4

Basic control would be great initially, with moderate feedback to the touchscreens. I would even be willing to give it a try myself, but I figured I should try something smaller like a serial driver for my projector.

I've considered using Command Fusion's iViewer for Elve and XBMC control, but the learning curve looks scarily steep! Not to mention the $145 per device price tag.

elehuy

• View Profile
Re: XBMC driver?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:21:15 am »
the JSON based API is interesting.
Basic func. should not be that difficult. I just have limited time for side projects like Elve drivers.

what is your proj brand and model? it all depends on the protocol but you're right, the easiest driver is typically proj as there is not much feedback or state to give (or it's not as critical)

Rickerdo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »
I have a Mitsubishi HC4000. I wrote a Perl module for Misterhouse for it, so I have the commands documented already. I just have a feeling that learning C# and incorporating into Eleve is going to be painful.

XMBC integration would be the icing on the cake though. I really like the touchscreen builder even though it isn't as sophisticated as iViewer, it's a LOT easier to setup bi-directional communication.

Hopefully an XBMC driver will come about.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
I have been wanting to build a driver. What kind of demand is there for a xbmc driver in elve? This is the first time I have heard of someone requesting it. You should do a poll.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

elehuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:52:00 am »
the protocol of the HC4000 is simple and not very complex especially if you just want basic functions.
Most of the time it echoes back the command as confirmation.

You can control your proj with the generic serial driver.

I never was able to do perl, each time I look at some lines it feels like someone punched the keyboard with rage! :)