Author Topic: Command line parameter /touchscreenname not working  (Read 1551 times)

valtonen

• View Profile
Command line parameter /touchscreenname not working
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:48:05 am »
Hi,

I am experiencing this issue on two different computers (WinXP and Win7), where I have my TS viewer opened with commands like
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /username Admin /password admin /touchscreenname SmartHomeKiosk
"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /touchscreenname General Purpose MediaPlayer /username Admin /password admin
"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /touchscreenname Kukkapurkki PRO /username Admin /password admin

None of the commands with "/touchscreenname <TS name>" open the defined touchscreen when the viewer is started but the default General Purpose Main is always loaded. The /admin and /passwords work fine.

-Miika

mustangcoupe

• View Profile
Re: Command line parameter /touchscreenname not working
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:03:48 am »
I am going to take a guess here but you have spaces in your touch screen name.  try a simpler TS name

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:09 am »
The documentation was incorrect. The correct command line parameter is /touchscreen <TS path>, not /touchscreenname <TS name>. I have updated the documentation according, thanks. In addition this now the the full path to the touch screen including any subdirectories.

Also mustangcoupe is correct, you should put quotes around touch screen path that contain spaces.

Examples:

Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /username Admin /password admin /touchscreen SmartHomeKiosk
"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /touchscreen "General Purpose MediaPlayer" /username Admin /password admin
"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /touchscreen "Kukkapurkki PRO" /username Admin /password admin

"C:\Program Files\Elve\TouchScreen.exe" /touchscreen "\Lighting\Living Room" /username Admin /password admin

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:44:14 am by John Hughes »
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

valtonen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:51:12 am »
I have updated the documentation according, thanks.

It seems that the documentation is still wrong at the end of this (http://codecoretechnologies.com/content/Touch%20Screen%20Builder%20Application.ashx) page.

-Miika

valtonen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:45:27 am »
I have updated the documentation according, thanks.

It seems that the documentation is still wrong at the end of this (http://codecoretechnologies.com/content/Touch%20Screen%20Builder%20Application.ashx) page.

-Miika

This seems to be still true.

-Miika

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:56:29 am »
Thanks, we will update it.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies