Author Topic: No button beep sound on my iPad3  (Read 2768 times)

Deane Johnson

No button beep sound on my iPad3
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:14:26 am »
I added sound to my screens, which works as expected when I click on a button in the Touch Screen Viewer using my mouse.

However, when I use my iPad3, the beep sound for the buttons is present back on the server speakers, triggered by a button push on the ipad, but there is no sound from the iPad speakers.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if this is a shortcoming in the setup sounds.

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: No button beep sound on my iPad3
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:31 am »
The ipad app uses TS Lite. There's a lot that Lite won't do due to bandwidth constraints to keep it 'snappy'.
I would guess sounds would be one of them since they would take a huge amount of bandwidth.

Deane Johnson

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:52 am »
I've never knowingly downloaded or specified Touch Screen Lite.   In using Touch Screen Builder, would I have gotten "TS Lite" by default?  Now, I'm curious.  How can I tell which is running.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:04 am »
Both the Android and iOS versions of elve mobile use the touch service, same as the lite touchscreen viewer. Think of elve mobile as the lite touchscreen viewer equivalent for a mobile device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Deane Johnson

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:43 am »
Thanks to both of you for the clarification on the subject.

I can understand audio in general could use a lot of bandwidth.  I'm only using a short little beep, but I can understand that Elve wouldn't be able to differentiate size of the file.

I would think it would be very useful to get the ability to use a simple beep on the iPad.  I am able to hear my PC speakers from where I use the iPad and it's very helpful feedback to know when a button has received the proper tap to activate the command.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »
Please add a feature request, this has been suggested before but has not made it onto the to do list.  It is doable.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies