Author Topic: Add sound to mobile touchscreen (iPad)  (Read 1593 times)

Deane Johnson

Add sound to mobile touchscreen (iPad)
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:25 am »
After experimenting with various ways to provide positive feedback that a touchscreen button has been successfully pressed and the command actually received by Elve, I have discovered that a simple beep using the existing Elve sound feature does the job well.

At the present time, however, the sound only comes from speakers connected to the server, it does not appear on an iPad being used as a touch screen.  This requires that the server speakers be turned on, and that the server be located near where the touch screen is being used.  Neither of these requirements are desirable.

I'm making a request that the existing sound capability within Elve be extended to the mobile touch screen when a speaker capability exists in the device, such as with the iPad.

If the need to conserve bandwidth is a factor, I see no need to use anything more cumbersome than a simple beep for the sound choice.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
Re: Add sound to mobile touchscreen (iPad)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:11 pm »
I would like to second this request as I design all the iPhone and iPad apps for my work and people always complain that there is no "Click" when they press the button  ;)