Poll

Would you like to see an XBMC driver for Elve?

Yes
6 (85.7%)
No
0 (0%)
What is XBMC
0 (0%)
Who cares
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: XBMC Driver Poll  (Read 2470 times)

Rickerdo

• View Profile
XBMC Driver Poll
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:42 am »
I'm looking to see if there is any interest in an XBMC driver for Elve.

bpwwer

• View Profile
Re: XBMC Driver Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:47:57 am »
Would I like to see an XBMC driver and would I be interested in using an XBMC driver are two very different questions.

In general, any driver is a good driver, the more different things that are supported, the better for Elve.  But I personally have no use for an XBMC driver.

I've created a few drivers just for my own use (and a couple that I've also sent to John).   What I you goal with this poll?  Are you trying to show that there's enough interest so that someone else will create the driver?  Or are you trying to see if it's worth your time to create one?    Because if you need one and can create it, I say go for it!

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:44 am »
I don't use xbmc either, but I'd definitely try it out if a driver is made available. I am always in the market for a good sage replacement.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

diginerve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 05:20:29 pm »
I have left Sage in favour of xbmc with PVR  over a year ago and even if I could I would never go back.

A driver for XBMC would be awsome. I will help where I can.

D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Re: XBMC Driver Poll
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »
I have left Sage in favour of xbmc with PVR  over a year ago and even if I could I would never go back.

A driver for XBMC would be awsome. I will help where I can.

D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I started messing around with xbmc this weekend and all I can say is omg! I love the auto fan art and getting description on media files. It played everything I threw at it with ease, including ripped DVDs and blu rays .  My media server doesn't have a mouse or keyboard. Can you manage the xbmc remotely or from rdc? How do you get around the windows login, assuming your htpc is connected to your TV directly. Any scripts available so if I start a movie in xbmc I can tune my TV and stereo to the right inputs and xbmc is brought up in full screen ready to go? This looks very promising and I may try to do a driver if it can do all I want to accomplish. I can imagine already a movie page in elve with movie  description and fan art and being able to launch the video. Then full transport controls etc...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:38 pm »
Love XBMC.. Have it running on Raspberry Pi's throughout the house so would love to see a driver.

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Re: XBMC Driver Poll
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:32 pm »
Love XBMC.. Have it running on Raspberry Pi's throughout the house so would love to see a driver.

Can you do bluray on those raspberries? Playback issues?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 03:56:25 pm »
Yeah they are pretty awesome. Great graphics chip. Most of the distros are only in release candidate stage but I have been using Xbian with great results. For the price they are I would reccomend getting one. Mine is hooked up to a DTS Amp and I get almost flawless playback of 5.1 DTS 1080 over my LAN.
Any questions you have i would be more than happy to help.