Configuration > Touch Screen Interfaces

A way to dim an android touchscreen after no use

(1/3) > >>

Walken100:
Ok, this may seem mundane (and it probably is) but I'm looking for a way for my Touchscreen to dim or go black a minute or two after the last use and then be able to wake it up on touch. Ideally it would dim substantially but still be somewhat visible but black would work.

I use a Nexus 7 as my home theater touchscreen remote and the two choices I have for set up are to keep the screen on or let the tablet go to sleep.  The problem is that when it is on and not being used it is too bright in a dark theater (even when manually dimmed to the minimum).  When it goes to sleep it requires a hard button push and then a swipe to bring the touchscreen back.  Ok not the end of the world but neither is walking over and turning on a light using the switch at the wall (God forbid).

It would be nice if there was an option to go into a mode that was VERY dim or black and only required a touch to bring back the touchscreen to the correct/usable brightness.

Thoughts?

Bart

Frunple:
Sleepmode. Might not be in the Play store yet. Google it.

Deane Johnson:
Are you wanting it to just dim with Elve, or for other use?

With Elve, it's available in the Elve software, and can be set in .1 of a minute increments.

I use it with Elve and my iPad as a touchscreen lit up is a terrible distraction in a front projection theater.

Walken100:

--- Quote from: Deane Johnson on December 22, 2012, 02:42:24 pm ---Are you wanting it to just dim with Elve, or for other use?

With Elve, it's available in the Elve software, and can be set in .1 of a minute increments.

I use it with Elve and my iPad as a touchscreen lit up is a terrible distraction in a front projection theater.

--- End quote ---

Ok, that was WAAY too easy.  I hadn't seen that before.    Works great.

Thank you!

Walken100:
On a related topic. Is there a way to force the touchscreen into the screen saver mode ie. with a button press. Been digging and haven't found anything yet.

Bart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version