Author Topic: Elve 2.0 Beta is publically available  (Read 7224 times)

hdjii

• View Profile
Re: Elve 2.0 Beta is publically available
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:44 am »
I see the expired message whenever I try to start the Viewer, the Builder or the Management Studio. I have attached a screenshot of the Product License Window.

The following message shows in the log multiple times:  "Driver service 'HOWARD-PC' attempted to register with master server, but the maximum number of driver services are already registered (for the current software license)."

Howard

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 08:28:33 am »
What do you see when you place a check in the "Show 1 expired licenses" checkbox? Does it just show a trial license?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

hdjii

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 07:58:37 pm »
Yes. It shows a trial license expired 1/10/2013.

Howardd

hdjii

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 05:46:04 am »
John - Can you help me fix this? I have been out of service for almost two months.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 10:47:06 am »
Did you try an uninstall and then reinstall of the beta? I had a license expiration issue and that worked for me.
If still not working you could try the following (TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK):
Create a backup of your system (EMS -> Configuration -> Export Configuration)
Make a copy of the program data folder and save it in a safe location. See http://www.codecoretechnologies.com/content/common%20program%20data%20folder.ashx to determine where your common program data folder is.
Uninstall Elve
Delete the original program data folder from above (Not the backup copy!).
Reinstall the beta.
Restore your backup. (EMS -> Configuration -> Import Configuration)
If your import fails, open your backup program data folder.
Make a new folder 'License Backup'
Move all files that say license or license.lic.bak files into the 'license backup folder'
Copy and paste your modified program data folder backup back to the original location. Make sure to have windows over-write any existing files during the folder merge.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

hdjii

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 11:00:23 am »
I did uninstall the beta and re-install. I also uninstalled the beta and installed v1.5. Neither of these actions worked. I currently have v1.5.0.9 installed.

When I tried to export the configuration as you suggested, I got an error message: "Exporting configuration information requires a valid license."

I guess I will try the process without a backup configuration. At this point, I have nothing to lose.

xlurkr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 10:45:01 pm »
My 2.0.0.6 installation expired 3/3.  I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's not listed in control panel.  I, too, am stuck.

-Tom

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:46 am »
I posted a work around a few posts back you could try. The idea is to remove all traces of the program data folder so the installer will create fresh new files, including license files. After that is working you would merge back your old data and, hopefully, be back at where you started. You could even try to delete all license files and then run the installer to repair (saves the step of deleting and merging data files). PLEASE make a copy of your program data folder prior to messing around with the file system like this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

xlurkr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 06:23:20 pm »
I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with reboots in between.  Still have an expired license.

-Tom

hdjii

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 06:31:45 pm »
I have been unable to use Elve for months due the the license expiration issue.

xlurkr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 06:44:28 pm »
Well, I have to apologize.  I didn't read iostream212's post carefully, and didn't delete the ProgramData directory folder in my previous attempts.  When I did that between uninstalling and reinstalling, I got it to work again.  I didn't have a previous configuration I needed to keep, so I just blew it all away, and that worked just fine.

In 30 days we'll see if it expires again, or keeps going as I believe John has said it should.

-Tom

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 08:20:30 pm »
Cool. Glad it got you up and running! :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2