Author Topic: XBMC Driver  (Read 9137 times)

mld2112

• View Profile
Re: XBMC Driver
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 07:21:39 am »
I know this is an ancient topic now, but I wondered if you had the time to do any more work on this. I'm working on creating some drivers for my Elve installation, and XBMC is on that list. If you don't have time would you be willing to share your source code? If it's vb.net that's excellent, but I can read C# and it would be a great help if I didn't have to start from scratch.

I noticed you mentioned a new baby on the way, congratulations for that!

Matt

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 05:28:41 pm »
Hi Matt,
Thank you for the nice words. New baby countdown is 2 weeks away! Needless to say I have not been working on it at all. I would like to get back into it since the community seems to be on an upswing lately, but doubt I will at this point in time. I was looking into it to pass on to another member who had requested it, but something changed and now the driver is not connecting at all. Let me clean it up and get it working again and then I can pass it on. Give me through this weekend to get back to you. Thanks.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

mld2112

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 06:27:54 am »
No problem. I'm still struggling to get my first simple driver to function the way I want it. Whenever you have a spare 30 seconds or so to take a look at it is fine.

Matt

MerekW

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 09:05:08 am »
I am currently running an Elk M1, UPB lighting and the latest Alpha of Kodi (formerly XBMC) Helix.  I would be delighted to offer a hand in testing any functionality as such, and I'm excited to see that some more "code"-type geeks are on the hunt for a good interface here!

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 11:34:37 am »
My apologies for anyone waiting on this. I keep thinking I will make the time to finish it, but life keeps getting in the way. Here is a link to the Visual Studio project files for anyone interested in taking over. It's in VB.net. Many sections are sloppy as I was doing quick tests to get it up and running, but didn't clean it up or condense it. Please reply to this thread with any questions regarding what was going on.
http://1drv.ms/1A6xX11
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 02:49:12 pm »
Thanks mate. Looking forward to having a look at this one.

mld2112

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 08:40:42 am »
Excellent. I'll download it and have a look through. Thanks!

Matt

iolaus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 09:14:14 pm »
My apologies for anyone waiting on this. I keep thinking I will make the time to finish it, but life keeps getting in the way. Here is a link to the Visual Studio project files for anyone interested in taking over. It's in VB.net. Many sections are sloppy as I was doing quick tests to get it up and running, but didn't clean it up or condense it. Please reply to this thread with any questions regarding what was going on.
http://1drv.ms/1A6xX11

Hey iostream, would you be willing to put your XBMC driver up on GitHub?  That would make it easier for other developers (like myself) to make and share additions/changes.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »
That's fine with me iolaus. I don't know anything about GitHub so feel free to take it and upload it / run with it. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MerekW

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 04:13:11 pm »
Have any of you fine code crunchers made any headway here?  What a great addition this would be!!  AS always, willing to help, but I'm a systems eng, not a dev.  :-/

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 08:17:23 pm »
what features would you want integrated?  part of the issue I was having with this project was why use elve as the front end when so many other native options exist and could do more in their frameworks than Elve could?  ie yaste and xbmc commander etc...

MerekW

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 06:36:00 pm »
1.  Scenes with native access to Kodi commands
2.  Rules based on Kodi device status
3.  "All-In-One" inclusiveness with an EASY and FREE Media Center

;D

digitalhigh

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 04:37:49 pm »
what features would you want integrated?  part of the issue I was having with this project was why use elve as the front end when so many other native options exist and could do more in their frameworks than Elve could?  ie yaste and xbmc commander etc...

How about most *everything* YATSE supports? 

To answer your question of why - I'm doing my first setup with Elve for my boss (long story), but he's got a massive HAI setup at his house, as well as some relays for blinds, home theater stuff, probably more.  On the HTPC end, he's very behind in terms of how he watches his movies - IDK if he even has a bluray player yet.

So, I may at some point in time delve into getting his enormous DVD collection converted to digital on a proper fileserver or NAS, then get him hooked up with a nice XBMC frontend.  I run it on an intel NUC, and it's an incredible box. 

Anyway - as I go through the labors of designing him a proper setup for everything, if I were to know that I could do some sweet yatse-like magic but have it live in the same UI as the rest of his theater stuff, well then, bonus. 

I'm quite familiar with XBMC - actually created a skin called Serenity back in the day.  So, if there's a need for a tester, I'd be happy to help.

Either way - obviously - any update to this has my vote.  :D

MerekW

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »
I think Digitalhigh summed it up nicely.  Interface "all-in-ones" are nice, and Elve is my choice!

iolaus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 09:43:45 pm »
Just a heads up to anyone following this thread, I completed an Elve Kodi driver which can be found in this new thread.