Author Topic: Stick N Find  (Read 1461 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
Stick N Find
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:56:31 pm »
Received mine in the mail today. Looking forward to integrating these Bluetooth proximity stickers into my Elve setup. I will play with them a little bit later as I am at work and the android app had not been released yet. Iphone app is available now.  :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Stick N Find
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 03:05:17 pm »
Been using this product for a few weeks now and I do not like it. App seems very buggy. It is very inconsistent with distances shown, and often has trouble even connecting to my iPhone 5. So far it seems like a waste and definitely not robust enough for me to use it the way I originally intended (Which was to have these in my cars and use the Bluetooth in my pc to tell Elve if my cars were home or not). Hopefully the app can be improved so it is more reliable.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:27:43 pm »
While I am holding out hope for the stick n find to improve, I have decided to try out another device for vehicle detection. This one looks way more robust, with the only downside being that it is, currently, cloud based. Free, but cloud based none the less. Should be in soon for a formal review.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:54:45 pm »
Not looking so hot currently for the wireless tag system. Received Saturday the 11th, but have been unable to pair the sensor to the tag manager. Sent an email to support so we'll see what they say...

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:48:53 am »
LOL, you really are trying to keep this board alive huh!!??!!

I've talked with the wireless tag people. Probably gonna be a few days til you hear from them but they will get back to you.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »
Ha! Guess its my daily routine at this point to browse the boards and muse.  Re. the wireless tags i finally got it to pair. Tried about 30 times in a row last night while watching Bates Motel and it eventually took. Got it tied into Elve already. A little more testing and I will be ready to do a write up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:50:04 am »
Frunple, have you been able to integrate the url calling feature with Elve REST? The problem, for me, is that there is nowhere to provide credentials in the Wireless Tag configuration. I have tried the normal format http://username:password@url.com/restCommand and selected 'use private ip address' option, but did not work for me. Just thought I'd pick your brain while I'm waiting for tech support to get back. Thanks!

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 11:27:14 am »
Haven't even gotten mine yet. I had a lot of questions for them before I bought so that's how I knew they would be a while. Like I said, they did get back to me though, so at least that's a good thing I guess.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 04:12:38 pm »
Oh bummer. Yeah my order took a long time too. They said if it wasn't in stock then they make it when ordered. Took well over two weeks start to finish for me. So far its pretty cool, but will be useless to me unless I get it integrated with the automation system.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 04:49:50 pm »

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:11 pm »
Thanks. I will have to check that out.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »
The owner is very responsive. I was able to voice my concern regarding Elve integration (which was no basic authentication available from the local tag manager). I received an email shortly thereafter telling me that the firmware was updated. They also sent me a prepaid return envelope so I could return the unit for an upgrade. I returned the tag manager and promptly received an updated one. Works great now, and has lots of applications that a HA enthusiast would appreciate.