Author Topic: What are you using for music?  (Read 891 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
What are you using for music?
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:14:56 pm »
I have been a Logitech media server user for some time now. The Elve driver has definite limitations. One area is listing/controlling internet stations, some cover art issues, and also browsing/controlling Pandora. Right note I have to use the squeezebox app to load the station in Pandora and then control playback from Elve. What are you using for music? I am definitely interested in Pandora control. What do you like/dislike? I would definitely recommend a driver update for squeeze server. I have seen other HA solutions that can do all of the above with their Logitech media server driver.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: What are you using for music?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:10:25 pm »
Got a Sonos?
I found this a while ago. John said it would work with Elve, with some mods of course, but I'm sure he never started on it.
Would be a solution fro you if you have a Sonos of course.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »
I don't know too much about sonos. Do they have a stand alone player (no speaker built in) and an open api? I can research when I get home, but I am flying today back from vacation and energy = low.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:08:17 am »
ZP90, Zone player. Basically just a way of accessing your digital library. No speaker. Also, has access to every local am/fm station, actually any worldwide. Then all the 'online' varieties, pandora, xm, iheart etc.
Not cheap but they know what they have and can charge what they want for it!
Open... Kinda? It's just uPnP I guess so you can access it but it seems they aren't very friendly about it unless that changed.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:19:59 am »
That's a neat little player. Found on eBay refurbished for $380. Also says it supports Amazon cloud player, which is something I use a lot on my phone. Also the fact that it is still developed and supported (ahem squeezebox) is attractive as well. Thanks for the lead.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:55 am »
I don't think you're looking at the ZP90. It's $350 brand new.

http://www.amazon.com/CONNECT-Wireless-Streaming-Theater-ZonePlayer90/dp/B001CROHX6

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27:38 pm »
You are right. Don't know what I was looking at. Too little sleep + too much flying + too many 3oz cocktails = fail. Thanks for the link.