Author Topic: Transparent images [SOLVED]  (Read 716 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
Transparent images [SOLVED]
« on: April 22, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »
I am not much of a graphics guy. I am working on a status icon for a screen set and have two controls. The first is a icon of a garage. Then behind it I have a label with a solid background behind it in green 50% opacity, indicating zone secure.

Then I added a property change event to the label control to show red when the zone was violated, but either the label jumped forward or the label lost its opacity.

I don't see a way to control label opacity directly, so I figured I'd change to an image list control. So The image list control works fine, but I don't know how to make a semi-transparent fill. Any suggestions using photoshop or gimp to make a solid fill image and then set it to 50% opacity? Thanks
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:16:14 pm by iostream212 »
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: Transparent images
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:38 pm »
Should be able to do just that, set to 50%. Only thing is to make sure you're saving as a .png or you'll lose the transparency.

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Transparent images [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:15:25 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. Took a closer look and found a couple of things that were wrong. Works like a champ now.
Final solution: Used an image list tied to the zone status of my Elk. Then added a solid colored PNG to each state. Then set the opacity of all images to 50%.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.