Author Topic: Date & Time based rules won't run  (Read 2353 times)

Andrew V

• View Profile
Date & Time based rules won't run
« on: May 25, 2013, 06:16:43 pm »
Recently, it appears that the Date & Time driver has stopped working properly. My exterior lights will no longer turn on automatically at sunset, or off at sunrise. When I look at the date & Time driver, under status it says Starting. I try to reset it, same thing happens, never gets past the Starting status. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Date & Time based rules won't run
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:57:15 pm »
Is the date and time settings correct on the computer itself? You can also try to turn on logging and see what the logs say.  I haven't had any errors with the driver so it is definitely not a universal issue. 

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Andrew V

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 04:37:52 am »
The computer date and time are correct. I turned to logs to "Diagnostic", haven't seen any useful information yet when attempting to restart the Date & Time driver. See attached image for what I'm seeing. The information the driver is getting is all correct, the day, time, Is Dark Outside, etc, however it's just stuck in "Starting" and never gets to "Running" mode.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:19:17 am »
Did you exceed the number of drivers for your license? Any system changes occur during the time it started failing?
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Andrew V

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 12:13:40 pm »
Number of drivers is below the limit, all the other drivers seem to be working fine. No major system changes that I'm aware of. I'm pretty stumped on this, I have no idea why this driver just stopped working and won't come back, tried resetting Elve, resetting the computer, etc.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 12:18:19 pm »
You try to delete and re-add the driver? Or what about leaving the original and adding it again?

Andrew V

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 11:38:45 am »
You try to delete and re-add the driver? Or what about leaving the original and adding it again?

Haven't tried that yet. I'll report back after I try to delete it and add it back.

Andrew V

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »
Deleting it and adding it back was also unsuccessful.

Andrew V

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 08:44:52 am »
I'm still having this issue. It hasn't hindered me too much since I'm able to use the Elk panel for time based rules to turn on lights, however I would much prefer to use the Elve driver. Any additional thoughts or suggestions? Would the next step be to re-install Elve?

If I re-install Elve, would I run into any licensing issues?

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »
In my experience I have not had any licensing issues with a reinstall.  I wouldn't attempt it without backing up the program data folder.