Author Topic: Omni LTe Supported?  (Read 3570 times)

tannebil

• View Profile
Omni LTe Supported?
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:54:57 pm »
Does anybody have an LTe working with Elve?  I'm getting a startup error using the Omni Pro II device.

HAI Omni Driver: Model does not match file in requestSystemInformation_Callback().
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:30:54 pm by tannebil »

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Omni LTe Supported?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:20 pm »
The driver documentation just mentions omni pro II. If it's the same protocol and the lte uses the network port as well I would imagine the driver could be modified. I am not a hai user so my apologies if my musings are not correct. Frunple... Any luck getting that source?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:19:19 pm »
Never tried to be honest. Probably still should but....

As for the LTe, I've never used one but as far as I know it still uses pc access so the driver 'should' be the same. What error are you getting?

tannebil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 08:56:12 pm »
The data fields load but the device does become ready for use and the lifecycle stage stalls at Starting (1) as shown in the attached image.  My guess is requires a tweak to the driver. 

The LTe meets my limited needs so I couldn't see spending 2x on an explicitly supported controller.  I'll keep myself amused dinking around with Haiku/HaikuHelper until Elve adds support (recognizing that might be never).

Is 2.0 beta solid?  I don't see any posts about issues but I don't see many posts about much of anything these days.  Maybe I'll give it a try.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58:15 am »
Do you get any actual error message in EMS though?

As for 2.0, I tried it, quickly went back to 1.5. the changes I was looking for weren't implemented in it and there were some big Omni Pro driver problems. Bigger than the usual ones in the 1.5 Omni driver I mean.

tannebil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:22:45 pm »
There were three messages. The first was the "model does not match" error in my initial post.  In total, they are:

HAI Omni Driver: Model does not match file in requestSystemInformation_Callback().
HAI Omni Driver: Disconnected
HAI Omni Driver: Unexpected Response in requestSystemInformation_Callback().

I can't decide if it's time to move on from Elve or not.  John made a brief reappearance back in Dec/Jan so I thought for a bit that things would get moving again but he seems to have gone MIA again.

I'm having a lot of fun with my new controller and Haiku/HaikuHelper so I'll suspend park working on my Elve configuration for the moment.