Author Topic: Trigger an event from an event  (Read 2001 times)

Frunple

• View Profile
Trigger an event from an event
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:17 pm »
I don't even know if this is already possible, haven't completely converted to Elve yet but I'd like to put this out there as soon as possible if it's not already there.

I have some events (or macros, not sure what Elve calls them yet) that are using another event in them. For example, I have an event named "Essentia Interior On" that basically turns on the interior audio and sets it to a comfortable volume. Besides this I have a "Classical Rock" event and a "Party Music" event.
Each of these "starts" the Essentia Interior On event then continues to change stations and adjust some lighting (which is actually other events run from this event) so instead of having to write the same code over again for every event, I simply "call" that event from within another.
Possible now?
If not, can it be?
Thanks!

mustangcoupe

• View Profile
Re: Trigger an event from an event
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:23:03 pm »
what you are referring to I believe is the scenes feature which was implemented recently beta (V 0.19 or so)

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Trigger an event from an event
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:13 pm »
Yes you can use Scenes for common tasks and then any of your action lists can run the scene, even scenes can run other scenes.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies