Author Topic: Copy and Paste Properties  (Read 2388 times)

valtonen

• View Profile
Copy and Paste Properties
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:50 am »
Hi,

It would speed up the UI design, if we could change the properties of multiple (same type) objects at the same time. E.g. if I want multiple (lets say 20) labels to have the same font size, font type, and color, it takes a while to do this a single label at a time. Of course I could create one with correct settings (that are not to be easily changed later) in the beginning of the UI design and copy it, but then, if I have already some code/macros in them, I would not like to destroy the code and write the code again in them, so I will have to through the labels one at a time and change their properties.

Could this be added in the current design so that if I select multiple objects, the pop-up Properties dialog would only show the common properties and allow changing them at the same time for all (same type) objects.

-Miika
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:20:33 am by valtonen »

Frunple

• View Profile
+1
Also moving multiple objects. If you have them with the edges uneven, after moving they end up with the edges even. I would like to see a "lock" controls that actually works.

DaveB

• View Profile
Copy and Paste Properties
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:16:06 pm »
John,
You should add in the base ability to copy and paste select-able properties between widgets.  At minimum, fonts, color, and position.  Interface building would be much faster than the current method.  If you decide later to change colors for 10 fields or so, it is a laborious process. 
Thanks!
Dave

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Copy and Paste Properties
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:11:15 am »
I merged these 2 requests into a single feature request post. While they are different requests, they will both be implemented as copy/paste style.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Copy and Paste Properties
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »
This is now implemented and will be available in the next major Elve release.

You can copy a control into the clipboard, select several other controls, then past the copied control's style properties into the selected controls.

There is a distinction between style and content.

Style currently includes: All fonts, colors, images, borders, text alignment (but not the text), word wrapping, visibility, date/time format.

Style does NOT include: location, text, action lists, bindings.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies