Author Topic: Universal Devices ISY driver  (Read 20749 times)

mathd

• View Profile
Re: Universal Devices ISY driver
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2014, 06:29:05 am »
Hi Bob,

I have been looking for alternatives to HomeSeer, primarily HSTouch and Designer for a couple of months now. The focus on bringing new features instead of fixing bugs for broken core features in HSTouch/Designer drove me away from it.

I just discovered Elve through the announcement on another forum that it is being open sourced. I just started playing with it and it looks very solid on the interface customization aspect which is exactly where my interest is.

I know you are quite busy right now upgrading the ISY Homeseer driver to HS3 but I was wondering if you plan to continue development on this driver? I also saw some thread on UDI forums about people actively looking for better UI for the ISY in general and more specifically on Android (Mobilinc and eKeypad don't show much interest in the android market). There may be an opportunity here.

Anyways, I just wanted to show my interest in this plugin. I am also willing to buy a license if you were to put it up for sale to help fund development.

Mathieu

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2014, 08:43:16 am »

I know you are quite busy right now upgrading the ISY Homeseer driver to HS3 but I was wondering if you plan to continue development on this driver? I also saw some thread on UDI forums about people actively looking for better UI for the ISY in general and more specifically on Android (Mobilinc and eKeypad don't show much interest in the android market). There may be an opportunity here.

Anyways, I just wanted to show my interest in this plugin. I am also willing to buy a license if you were to put it up for sale to help fund development.

Mathieu

Hi Mathieu,

Yes, I just started updating it to make use of the same ISY core library as the HS3 plug-in.   There were a couple of things that were holding me back, 1) the 2.0beta would expire on my development machine which upped the effort to test and 2) I had split the driver into multiple drivers.  Since the ISY supports so many things, it fits better with Elve if each capability  (like thermostats, weather module, lights) are all separate drivers.  However, this also made it easy to bump into the 15 driver limit on the basic Elve license.  With both of those issues resolved with Elve 2.1, I'm excited to get back into developing Elve drivers and specifically, the ISY driver(s).

Look for a new version posted in the next week.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:36 am »
Great news! Thank you Bob!
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

mathd

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2014, 11:08:15 am »
This great news indeed! I am looking forward to test the new version of the plugin!

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 04:26:30 pm »
A new version, 0.28, of the ISY driver has been posted to my web site.  You can download it at
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYDriver/

This version is built for Elve 2.1 beta and is compatible with ISY devices up to and including the 994 series running firmware 4.2.4

New and/or improved in this version:
 - Support for Z-Wave devices managed by the ISY's Z-Wave module. This includes switches, lamp modules, thermostats (but not door locks).
 - Better internal support for specialized devices like thermostats and the weather module.
 - Support for the new HAM Weather based weather module (but no forecast data yet)
 - Support for all current Insteon devices (of the types handled by the current driver set).
 - Internally, the status/debug logging has been improved, but isn't really reflected in the driver yet.

This is a continuation of the 0.26 version of the driver(s). The single driver package contains a number of separate drivers as described below.

The drivers are:

ISY Base Driver - This is the main interface to the ISY.  You must load this driver as it handles all the communication and authentication with the ISY.  Right now, that's about all it does. I plan to make this handle things that don't fit nicely within any of the other drivers.

ISY Lighting Driver  - this handles lighting type devices (switchlincs, lamplincs, etc.). This also supports the ISY groups or scenes.

ISY I/O Driver - this driver handlesI/O type devices. Irrigation, IOLincs, various EZIO modes, etc.

ISY Thermostat Driver - this handles the thermostats managed by the ISY.

ISY Program Driver - this provides an interface to the ISY programs. You can get program status and run ISY programs using this driver.

ISY Variable Driver - this provides and interface to the ISY variables.  You can get and set ISY variables using this driver.

ISY Weather Driver - This provides a weather interface to the ISY's Weather module.

Future drivers will include:
ISY Access Control Driver - for locks and other such devices
ISY Network Resource Driver - for invoking ISY network resources
ISY Energy Monitor Driver - for Energy monitor devices like Imeter's

mathd

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 09:34:23 am »
Hi Bob,

I installed the update but I am getting the following error at the ISY Base driver startup:

Code: [Select]
Failed to start device 'ISYInsteon'.

FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
   at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
   at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToBoolean(IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at DriverService.DriverService2.createAndStartDevice(Object parameter)

I set the logging to debug but I am not seeing anything more in the logs. I also tested adding the port to the IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80) but I get the same error.

Let me know if I can test something else to help troubleshoot this.

Mathieu

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 05:33:09 pm »
Hi Bob,

I installed the update but I am getting the following error at the ISY Base driver startup:

I think that's the scene tracking configuration option.  I don't think it likes the default value I specified.  Try changing the configuration settings for the base driver and change that setting (It probably should be checked/true).

mathd

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:10 am »
Thanks, setting the scene tracking to "No" fixed it.

There are some device type that I don't see in the driver:
Micro Module Open/Close 2444-222
N/O 240V Load Controller 2477SA1
Motion Sensors 2842-222
TriggerLinc 2421

Is it because they are not supported yet or am I missing something?

Other than that everything looks good!

Mathieu

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 04:03:02 pm »
There are some device type that I don't see in the driver:
Micro Module Open/Close 2444-222
N/O 240V Load Controller 2477SA1

I'm going to have to look into these two devices.  They are showing up on categories that don't seem to make sense for the type of device.  The Micro Modules are listed under the window covering category and the 240 controller is under the energy management category.  I wasn't even looking at the window covering covering category and the energy management support I have is for devices like iMeter Solos.

Motion Sensors 2842-222
TriggerLinc 2421
These are both under the access control category that I will be adding support for but it's not there yet.

Is it because they are not supported yet or am I missing something?

Other than that everything looks good!

Mathieu
[/quote]