Author Topic: Ideas to bypass welcome screen in Win 8  (Read 736 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
Ideas to bypass welcome screen in Win 8
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:47:35 pm »
My main server is also my HTPC. I am running XBMC on it for the front end. I am having a problem that if I remote desktop into this pc then the welcome screen is displayed on my HTPC and won't go away until I log in. Too much hassle. Trying to automate a way to steal focus back once I terminate the remote session. I came across this cmd line code, which works perfectly:
Code: [Select]
tscon.exe 1 /dest:console
The problem is I can't automate that command's execution. It has to be run as admin to work. I have tried:
1.) Making a BAT file and setting it as the target of a desktop application device. Running .StartApplication does nothing.
2.) Making a shortcut to the BAT file and ticking 'Run as administrator', and setting the shortcut as the target of the desktop application device.
3.) Tried using Event Ghost to run the BAT, but that failed as well. Nothing happens when executing.
Any thoughts to solve this issue? The desired end result is a scene that will steal focus back if lost from RDP...
Thanks!
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
Re: Ideas to bypass welcome screen in Win 8
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »
I have had that issue too.
I just use teamviewer unattended access which leaves the current session open after you disconnect.
That way you do not have to log back in.

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: Ideas to bypass welcome screen in Win 8
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 01:52:20 am »
Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for. Will give it a try soon.
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.