Author Topic: NFC anyone?  (Read 842 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
NFC anyone?
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:01:27 pm »
Been playing around with NFC lately. The white stickers I got on eBay were pretty much invisible when placed on a white surface, which made it easy for me to place them in various locations without irritating the wife. Very inexpensive, less than $1 per sticker for the pack I got. It also integrated with Elve easily. I used 'Trigger' (in Play store) to run a Tasker task, which controlled the Elve scene. Been nice being able to quickly launch scenes without needing to open any apps. One of my favorites is a backyard music scene. The trigger by our seating area will start the stereo up and music playing, but then will also open the controlling android app as well (something ELve mobile cannot do currently but Tasker can). Anyone using NFC with Elve? Any interesting applications?
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

iostream212

• View Profile
Re: NFC anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:08 pm »
Another user was interested in the responsiveness of the setup, so here is a quick video of the scene in action.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.