Author Topic: Tasker/Autoremote and Elve  (Read 1508 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
Tasker/Autoremote and Elve
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:19:45 pm »
Probably a little late to the game with this, but autoremote is awesome with Elve. I have just started playing around with it recently and it really adds an interesting dimension to my setup. Autoremote is a tasker plugin used to automate android phones. For example I have a movie scene that tunes my TV to my xbmc server. With autoremote I have the Elve scene wake my phone and launch yaste when the scene is triggered. Anyone already using this or any cool ideas to integrate with Elve?
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

dvand

• View Profile
Re: Tasker/Autoremote and Elve
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »
Do you have elve send the autoremote message via the URL?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 08:34:08 pm »
Yup, through the http driver. I am still trying to brainstorm all the possibilities. This should keep my tech bug happy for a while. :)
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

dvand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 03:55:20 pm »
I use it to send alarm arm status changes to my phone. (armed / disarmed etc)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 05:44:58 am »
You can also use the Elvecommandline.exe tool instead of http. That way you can trigger existing rules directly.
So you can do this:

ElveCommandLine.exe <user> <pass> runscript "omni.SetLightLevel(2, 50);

to turn on a light.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 08:27:25 am »
Frunple, you can do that from tasker / autoremote? Can you provide an overview on how to do it? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:01 am »
Sure,
Just gonna assume Autoremote is already setup and connected to any devices you use. Also that it's installed on the Elve server.

Autoremote:
Go to the "Rules" tab.
"add"
Name - give it a name.
Filter - I'm using the free version so it only recognizes 2 digit filters. 00, 01, 02 etc.
You will need to install nrcmd to send the command lines to Elve.
So in the action field:
Command - C:\nircmd.exe
Parameters - execmd ElveCommandLine.exe <user><pass> runscript "omni.SetLightLevel(2, 50);"
Where execmd is nircmd's switch to send a command line, and the rest is Elve's command.

That's it for the Autoremote side. Then on the Tasker side, create the task to send an "AutoRemoteLite Message" with the message field being "00" (or whatever filter you used for that function.

I don't use the google now portion yet, still using autovoice, but that part should be the same I think.

Pretty sure that's all that's needed but if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll dig deeper.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 07:55:05 am »
Sweet! I'll give it a go after work today.  Thank you for this.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2