Author Topic: v2.0 release date?  (Read 4517 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
v2.0 release date?
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:59:22 pm »
Haven't heard any v2.0 updates in a while. Probably hard at work fixing any remaining bugs for a perfect release...   :) Is there an ETA for v2.0? Also, if this is the end of the product life cycle please let us know! Knowing if the product will be supported or not will make a difference in how we move forward with our automation setups. Thanks!
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

dvand

• View Profile
Re: v2.0 release date?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 02:00:42 pm »
I second this. Is this dead and do we move on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Deane Johnson

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »
I think all we're asking for is an indication of whether or not there is a future for Elve.

I consider it the best on the market, but if it's dead in the water, it's time to begin thinking about where to go.

The current Elve is certainly very stable and consistent, but technology changes, new drivers need to be developed and new versions of Windows will have new requirements as time passes.

jp.savaria@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »
As a potential customer, I would also like to have an answer to this question...

It is not even possible to buy any licence on the web site ; the product is not listed!

The "contact us" link is also broken on the web site... a bit scary.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »
As a potential customer, I would also like to have an answer to this question...

It is not even possible to buy any licence on the web site ; the product is not listed!

The "contact us" link is also broken on the web site... a bit scary.
Wow.  Did not know that.  That is  definitely disconcerting. Well, I was looking for an answer to 'what next', but the fact the product cannot even be purchased seems as good an answer as any.  It does do what I need it to, so it has its place in my setup. Moving forward it is good closure for me to know that this product won't be growing with me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 09:49:59 am »
I agree, that lack of purchasing options seems to indicate that things are not moving forward.

I'm still using version 1.5 for my system and have only used the 2.0 beta for driver development.  I would like to move my system over to 2.0 but didn't want to deal with the beta expiration, etc.   

jp.savaria@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 03:40:31 pm »
Wow really disappointed, I installed Elve, CQC, and now trying Homeseer... Elve was really my #1 choice, easier to configure, really reliable, had it up and running in half an hour controlling my UPB lights through my ELK!
Someone have a licence key v1.5 for me now that the product is dead!!

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 04:21:06 pm »
Someone have a licence key v1.5 for me now that the product is dead!!

I would suggest that you send a private message to John (John Hughes).  He's the author/owner of CodeCore technologies. In the past, he has responded to those even though he doesn't appear to be actively following forum posts.  If anyone can get you a license, it would be him.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:48 pm »
I may have an extra license.  Pm me if John can't help.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

elehuy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:33:08 pm »
I had some emails exchanged with John during the holidays ... my opinion is that Elve is not dead.
Whenever I can, I'm still producing drivers and submit them to John.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 09:25:12 pm »
I had some emails exchanged with John during the holidays ... my opinion is that Elve is not dead.
I really hope that is the case! bpwwer:  FWIW I am running the beta with no expiration issues. A while back John removed the expiration on it. See here .

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 08:40:27 pm »
Correct, v2.0.0.6 does not have a beta expiration date on it and therefore does not expire like previous beta versions.

There have only been a few minor updates since v2.0.0.6 was released so feel free to use the latest beta version.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »
I guess I'll have to try again.  I've been running 2.0.0.6 beta on my development machine and I just checked and it is currently  saying it has expired (on 11/18/2013).  I believe the last time I installed it was after removing everything I could find related to Elve before doing the install.

Just tried removing and re-installing and it still says expired.

Ok, wiped it and re-installed.  Now I have a valid trial license that expires on 2/14/2014.   This is using a copy of the 2.0.0.6 beta zip file that I downloaded today.

This is why I'm afraid to try and update my production machine to the 2.0 beta :)

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:21 pm »
I guess I'll have to try again.  I've been running 2.0.0.6 beta on my development machine and I just checked and it is currently  saying it has expired (on 11/18/2013).  I believe the last time I installed it was after removing everything I could find related to Elve before doing the install.

Just tried removing and re-installing and it still says expired.

Ok, wiped it and re-installed.  Now I have a valid trial license that expires on 2/14/2014.   This is using a copy of the 2.0.0.6 beta zip file that I downloaded today.

This is why I'm afraid to try and update my production machine to the 2.0 beta :)
Thanks for the feedback.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies