Author Topic: Elk event driver  (Read 1673 times)

iostream212

• View Profile
Elk event driver
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »
Wondering if there is any interest in an Elk event logging driver.  My thought is for a driver that records Elk events and stores then in sql server in real time. I personally would like zone historical data and durations of zone states in the various modes. The current method of polling and logging States is not working for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
Re: Elk event driver
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:52:59 pm »
I for one would love this. It would be great to go back and see the historical data of the M1 without having to use Elk RP

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:44:10 am »
I got something basic going where I store the date time of zone status changes.  then I subtract current status change date time from the stored to get duration.  I keep updating the stored value when ever a current event occurs.  that way I always have a way to get current duration. I have this info on a ts so I really know when the kids went down for naps and how long they slept for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

dvand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 10:26:31 am »
I think it would be cool to have a driver that broadcast events to a broker using something like mqtt.

Automate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »
I think it would be cool to have a driver that broadcast events to a broker using something like mqtt.

Maybe using m2mqtt.  https://m2mqtt.codeplex.com/

dvand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:59:48 pm »
Iostream212 would you what what you have?

dvand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »
What I've ended up doing is using the http driver to post event updates to a simple webform which in turn sends a mqtt message to the broker.

It's very hackish and seems to have a some slight delays, not sure if they are on the elve side or the server side.

I think what i may do is use either a javascript or perl library to broadcast elk event changes because all i'm really using elve for now is a few rules all related to my elk alarm system.