Author Topic: Elve Elk M1 project  (Read 4453 times)

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
Elve Elk M1 project
« on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:57 pm »
Modified
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:49:44 pm by peadard »

bpwwer

• View Profile
Re: Elve Elk M1 project
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:34:45 pm »
That's pretty impressive!

Thanks for sharing it.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 04:35:21 pm »
That is so awesome! Great layout. Wow 38 panels?! That's intense. Quick question on your log to db for temp drivers, can that be real time or is it polled? I want to do something similar and may post for help elsewhere...  ::)
I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »
The log to temp can be set at intervals. I set mine to 10 minutes but you couls set yours to anything you like. The value is set under logging interval 00.00:10:00 (this is 10 minutes) but you could set it to 1 second 00.00:00:01. You just need to update your screen to refresh the paged lists.

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:02 pm »
How do the users access the screens? Is it one Elve install handling all those M1s? How's the performance? Just curious.  Never seen such a big install.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

peadard

• View Profile
    • Mseries
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »
I have created users and given them individual logins with appropriate rights. Performance is good but I am going to move to a new faster server tomorrow.
It is indeed one Elve instal handling everything and so far there has not been one hiccup. The users have Ipads and access the touch screens with these and on their laptops with Touch Screen viewer. Elve also handles the automatic climate control by opening windows in certain areas and turning on heaters and coolers when necesary. It also prevents users from leaving windows open overnight and turns off heaters when necessary.
We can also track climate performance because we log everything.