Author Topic: Vera driver  (Read 1509 times)

Frunple

• View Profile
Vera driver
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:08:23 am »
Has anyone used this driver?
Guessing the built in one is too old unless I'm missing something. Doesn't have settings for user/pass. Not sure how it can connect without it??

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Vera driver
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:09:46 am »
The driver was written quite some time ago and I believe at the time the driver was finished the Vera architecture may have taken a turn that was not backwards compatible... Something about lua(?) rings a bell? Vera was kind enough to provide me a demo unit, but they failed to inform me of the architecture change. I spent a considerable amount of time on this driver and it was disappointing that when I released it, it may have been obsolete....

I would love for someone to prove me wrong... And I would be happy to provide the drive source code.... Perhaps I am misinformed our perhaps there is just a minor tweak needed to the driver.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:49:04 am »
I'm guessing you're not wrong. Vera is basically built on luup, which is a lua and upnp combo. Not sure when they came up with this but I would guess after you developed the driver. Too bad, bought a Vera for my mother a while back and just figured I could finally give her a decent front end to control it through Elve.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:59:36 am »
I'm guessing you're not wrong.

I'm hoping so, the driver certainly worked when it was developed.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies