Author Topic: Any guides on how to build touch screens logically?  (Read 1920 times)

samgreco

• View Profile
Any guides on how to build touch screens logically?
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:01:43 am »
So now that it looks like I will have all of the drivers I need to make this work, I need to understand how to design a logical interface.  What I have is this:

3 sets of stereo outputs from the server providing MP3/iTunes output.
1 stereo output for system messages, etc. like TTS
1 stereo out for SageTV when played on the server (rarely)

Inputs on the matrix for the above plus a tuner and maybe a RaspBerry Pi for internet radio streaming, although I would love to know if that can be done without separate hardware using one of the servers sound card outputs.

So what's the logic of getting this in an interface?  Say for instance, My wife is in the kitchen listening to music.  I am in the garage and want to listen to something.  I'd like to see what she is listening to and "join" in to that matrix input if I desire, or just pick a different playback source.

Also, on that note, how do I create a group of zones playing the same thing on the fly (or a scene)?  Many times I will be listening to something and wandering the house and want it playing everywhere I go.  Or for parties.

Probably enough for one post :)

TonyNo

• View Profile
Re: Any guides on how to build touch screens logically?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:46 pm »
If you mean from a graphical standpoint, what about a matrix? ;)

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:27:55 am »
As far as seeing what someone else is listening to, If you build the screens using booleans on all source and power buttons you can set all screens to display what is currently on. You can see an example in THIS video I made showing exactly that. first I switch channels and inputs from my tablet to show the changes, then I do the same from a PC. Then you can see any changes I make on the PC are also shown on the tablet.

samgreco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 04:16:58 pm »
Thanks for the ideas guys.  Lots to learn.  I've been using Premise for ages and it does things in a very different way.  So I need to think really differently then I'm used to :)