Author Topic: Squeeze Plugin  (Read 1161 times)

magrann

Squeeze Plugin
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:06:44 pm »
Hey all,

It's been a while since I was able to work on my setup.  Does anyone out there run the squeeze plugin with multiple sources?  And if so does the media playlist function properly for you?  I am using a squeeze box radio and a squeezeslave client.  The playlist always reflects the song titles from the last added source.  It contains the right songs for the newly added playlist but the titles don't change properly.  I was wondering if anybody else is familiar with this issue.

Thanks
Mike

magrann

Re: Squeeze Plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 01:53:26 pm »
Here is the error message that is related to this problem I am having.

magrann

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »
Sorry, Here it is.

9/6/2014 4:52:45 PM  Exception: The control is bound to a media player zone from a variable which does not exist 'MusicZone'. Exception: The variable name 'MusicZone' was not found in the touch screen container variables

System.Exception: The control is bound to a media player zone from a variable which does not exist 'MusicZone'. ---> System.Exception: The variable name 'MusicZone' was not found in the touch screen container variables
   at TouchScreen.TSControls.TSControlPanel.GetVariableInternal(String variableName)
   at TouchScreen.TSControls.TSMediaPlayerPlaylist.resolveZoneID()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

iostream212

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 08:35:48 am »
is your 'music zone' a global variable cause it looks like the control is looking for a local variable.  try changing to something like 'vars.musicZone' assuming your global variable driver is nicknamed vars. Otherwise you can copy the value from global to local on screen initialization.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I always wanted to be somebody. In retrospect, I think I should have been more specific.

magrann

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:56:34 pm »
Ok, so thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that is my problem.  Here are a few more troubleshooting ideas I checked and a little more about the setup.

System Setup
I have squeeze server installed on WHS and I am running the squeeze driver for elve on same WHS.  I have a squeeze radio, squeeze player (Samsung S4) and squeezeslave (SageTV HD200).

I have an app called squeezebox on my S4 phone and everything works fine there in regards to playlists.

Issue
In Elve, the playlist functionality actually works, it just doesn't update the track listing correctly.  It will only show the media playlist for one of my zones (devices).  I removed 2 of the devices from squeeze server to see if media list would update and it did.  As soon as I added one of the devices back it started to not show the updated media playlist again.

Scenario
I have 3 zones (devices) I click on zone 3 and select an album with 10 songs, those songs now show with titles in the media playlist.  I now click on zone 1 and select a different album this one has 8 songs.  Now the media playlist shows the 8 songs but with the titles from zone 3.  The media playlist plays the right songs but shows the wrong titles.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike