Author Topic: Omni HVAC Control Delay  (Read 2540 times)

sydowmatrix

• View Profile
Omni HVAC Control Delay
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:33:10 am »
I currently have Elve connected to an OmniPro II (3.9) controller and have used it extensively for Z-wave lighting control and security control with no delay.  When I control any of my three thermostats there is a 3 - 10 second delay for any command (Set Mode, temperature, Hold status, etc).  I've tried everything and looked at all the settings and am not sure where to go now.  When I control the thermostats with the PC Access software provided by HAI it is instant.  Any ideas?

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: Omni HVAC Control Delay
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 05:12:59 am »
There seems to be a lot of issues with HVAC control with the Omni. I've been meaning to bring them up but just keep forgetting to.
Try using a Property Offset Button bound to the heat/cool set points. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Going one way (I think lower) it will not go to 75, goes right from 76 to 74, weird!
There seems to be a lot of small issues with the Omni but since John uses an Elk I don't think he knows about them.

sydowmatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:23:56 am »
Frunple your exactly right-  I tried it this morning and got that same behavior.  The more I've used it the more unreliable it seems to behave.  John-  I will be glad to do some testing for you since you don't have an omni.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:59:14 am »
That does sound odd.  I'll move this to the bug reports board and take a look.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 04:30:08 pm »
The Omni driver uses the .NET SDK from HAI. Setting the HVAC hold state for example is a simple single line of source code so I would not expect any delays.

Have you tried using Elve Management Studio's device Methods tab to directly set the states?  Try this and see if you have the same performance issues. If you do then the issue is most likely within the HAI SDK. I'll check if there is a newer version of the SDK available.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 04:45:37 pm »
There is a newer version of the HAI.Controller.dll file available from HAI. 

If you are technically inclined, you can upgrade the file by:

1. Stop all the Elve services by using the Services Windows administration tool.
2. Rename the existing HAI.Controller.dll file to something else.
3. Unzip the zip file attached to this post.
4. Copy the new HAI.Controller.dll file into the same directory as the old file.
5. Start all the Elve services.

The directory where the file is located is normally c:\program files\Elve or c:\program files (x86)\Elve
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 04:22:59 am »
Got any specifics on what changes were made?

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:49:30 am »
Got any specifics on what changes were made?

No, it troubles me to say it but HAI really dropped the ball on the SDK/dll. It was originally released in 2009, is still in beta, and does not have any real documentation. Secondly the API does not abstract much of the Omni functionality at all and developers end up doing a lot of low level processing which somewhat defeats the purpose of the dll. It doesn't even support .net events when events occur in the Omni.

Here is a quote from the HAI website where the SDK download is:
This should be considered a BETA release. It is fully functional, but due to time constraints there is no official user manual. Also we have a couple of last minute change request that have not been implemented, so there may be a few minor changes in the final release of the dll.

I can't express my disappointment enough. :(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:28:08 pm by John Hughes »
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Annaleelooms

• View Profile
    • Игрушки для взрослых
Omni HVAC Control
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 02:49:43 pm »
Not to hijack your thread, but me too  If your supplier has more than one, Id love to pick one up.

Самое лучшее для BeamNG Drive.
<a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3lQxUIoY3c>beamng alexfresh</a>