Author Topic: Rule setup for 6 shades  (Read 4879 times)

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Rule setup for 6 shades
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 04:31:37 pm »
5:22 - Works with Test Button

5:25 - Doesn't work - triggered by Event.  Transmitted D/ON only, no D/1 preceding it.

My .5 delay was removed for this test.  A single X-10 command was the only action.

I only see one try in the log, perhaps you need to make a quick copy of the log before it fills up with stuff and old stuff gets pushed out. :(

I see the following command which should turn on D1:

Time:2010-07-31 22:25:09
ACT Command: $>28001D01D01 DONDON89#

The response from the ACT is: $<2800!4B

I assume it is the last one that you tried since it is the only one there and it matches the time you mentioned.

I verified that the command is correct and the response from the the ACT is good and it not an error.

The very same second the ACT then receives the following from the powerline:

2010-07-31 22:25:09       $<2800! D0110
2010-07-31 22:25:10       $<2800!D01 DONDOND2

These 2 received commands just indicate that the ACT saw D1 ON on the powerline.

So based on that it looks like Elve is sending the correct commands to the ACT, and the ACT is seeing the echo on the power line of the command.

HOWEVER I do not see a log message indicating that the rule was run.  Do you still have the checkbox checked in the rule to log when it is run? If so then all of the above might be for a different test.

OR, Elve didn't even run the rule which would be why it didn't work.

John

John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Deane Johnson

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 05:56:36 pm »
The box is still checked, but I didn't run anything after wards prior to sending you the file.

Don't forget that adding a .5 second delay as the very first action cures the problem.  That would lead my amateur mind to think there is something going on relative to the "event" trigger that has to clear out before the X-10 command is issued.

If there is a way to empty the log file, and if it would be helpful, I could delete out the contents of the file and send a separate file for one that works and one that doesn't.  Tomorrow, of course, I'm getting punchy now and would make more mistakes than even I usually do.

Deane

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 12:35:31 am »
I didn't run anything after wards prior to sending you the file.

Didn't you say that the last test you ran was at 5:25 and was triggering the event?

You said:
5:25 - Doesn't work - triggered by Event.  Transmitted D/ON only, no D/1 preceding it.

The log is self maintaining and always contains the most recent messages.

Yes I would like to see the log when you trigger the event but the blinds don't operate.

I suggest you make a quick copy of the log file after running the test and then email the copy to make sure log contains the info. Please write up an accurate description of what you did so I know what I am looking at in the log.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:38:14 am by John Hughes »
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Deane Johnson

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 06:21:03 am »
You understanding is correct.  The 5:25 entry was the "doesn't work" transmission.

I have emailed you a log from this morning with only a single activity on it.  A "doesn't work" activity.

I suppose in my effort to be absolutely clear, I might be introducing confusion.  I am anxious to give you accurate information and careful tests, as I know if it isn't, it's worthless and will lead nowhere.

Deane

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 09:48:20 am »
I looked at the log and there are no ACT commands in it (other then the powerline query every second). Are you sure you grabbed the log quick enough? I also don't see the rule executing message.

It also looks like the ACT driver stopped logging anything near the end of the log. Are you sure the driver is running and the diagnostics logging checkbox is checked?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Deane Johnson

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 09:54:17 am »
I will redo it right now and email it to you.

My Ocelot log showed receipt of power line activity, so it must have been a logging issue.  I'm trying to be careful and not miss a step, but try being age 75 and doing this stuff. :(

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:10 am »
Oh wait! What is the trigger for the event? Is this the time based one?

I see a rule attempting to run called "PowerRise Sun Control" but there is an error occuring when it runs:

Code: [Select]
An error occurred while executing the script rule 'PowerRise Sun Control'.
ScriptEvaluatorException: Function or method is missing ')'.

Location in script: line 1, column 40.
ir2.SendProntoIR(day = DateTime.Now.Day; // the day of the year 1-365ish
                                       ^

But that has nothing to do with the ACT driver so I suspect that is something else.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 10:02:54 am »
Maybe we should start over and you can describe this from a high level without the technical X10 details.

You probably already described this but the thread has become a bit of a mess.  For example, what are you trying to do, are you creating an rule to do something, what is the rule called, what is inside the rule (use the preview toolbar report button as previously requested), etc.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Deane Johnson

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:04 am »
Rule Name: EasyRise1Down

The Event trigger is an IR from the Pronto.

The rule simply sends a single X-10 command, nothing else.  The X-10 command is house code D unit 1 ON.

It's a 1 line action list.

It works normally from the script test button.
It doesn't work from an event trigger, either IR or Time.
It works normally from an event trigger if I add a .5 second delay as the first action and move the X-10 command to the second line

When it works, I get on my Ocelot power line monitor log:

X-10 Activity D/1
X-10 Activity D/ON

When it doesn't work, I get on my Ocelot power line monitor log:

X-10 Activity D/ON

The Action list will not allow pasting the copy function outside of Elve.  What it says is:

Turn on   X10ACT TI103   light for house code  D  and unit code 1

Deane Johnson

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 10:48:13 am »
Oh wait! What is the trigger for the event? Is this the time based one?

I see a rule attempting to run called "PowerRise Sun Control" but there is an error occuring when it runs:

Code: [Select]
An error occurred while executing the script rule 'PowerRise Sun Control'.
ScriptEvaluatorException: Function or method is missing ')'.

Location in script: line 1, column 40.
ir2.SendProntoIR(day = DateTime.Now.Day; // the day of the year 1-365ish
                                       ^

But that has nothing to do with the ACT driver so I suspect that is something else.

This is a separate set of HunterDouglas PowerRise shades that are controlled with IR for sun control.  They are not related in any way to what we are working on in this thread.

The PowerRise IR code is one that gives most learning devices fits, though Pronto likes it.  I don't have the IR working yet with Elve, and probably won't be successful.  The solution will be to have the shades upgraded to a new system that will accept switch contact control.  The existing PowerRise system has been a pain in the rear to try to interface with HA since inception.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 11:02:50 pm »
Regarding the 0.5 delay, I don't see how this could have any affect on it. I'll take your word for it, but I don't see how it can be more than coincidence.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Deane Johnson

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 08:10:36 am »
Not only does the 1/2 second delay as the very first "Action" cure the problem, but there are other puzzling aspects.
  • It works in a normal manner without the delay when applied as an "Action" to a button in Tourch Screen
  • It works in a normal manner without the delay in "Rules" when triggered with the new test button
  • It does not work without the delay when triggered by an "Event" in "Rules"
  • It does not work with a 1/4 second delay, it takes 1/2 second
In any case, I have all of my shades working properly, using the 1/2 second delay in each of the 12 rules (6 down, 6 up).