Author Topic: TS control's click events  (Read 2569 times)

valtonen

• View Profile
TS control's click events
« on: October 11, 2010, 06:33:20 am »
I think that Elve TS Control's should support 5 different click type events:

• Click (implemented as Pressed event)
  • Pressed Down
  • Pressed Up
  • Double click (implemented as Double Pressed)
  • Hold down

It seems that Elve currently supports only 1.-3. as I would think they would operate. I'll outline below what type of Elve events we'd like to have is TSs (numbers reference the above list):

4. Now, the single click event "Pressed" gets also executed always when the control is double clicked (or pressed). Thus, it is impossible (or at least hard to script and slow to execute with your own code that looks for the double click) to make anything to be executed differently when a control is clicked or double-clicked. Thus, we'd like to be able to use both the click and double-click events. I understand there would be a delay if the system should wait to see if another click is coming, so this is not very practical if only the single click event has code in it (this could be checked).

5. We'd like to create an user interface where one could open a submenu or popup by holding down a finger over a control (that is pressing) for a short period of time. The time frame would be about 1-2 seconds, 1.5 seconds feeling like to be a good start value. However, it would be nice if this value would be user selectable. And again, it would be nice if this event would be distinguishable from the Pressed event..

-Miika
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:35:45 am by valtonen »

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: TS control's click events
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:55 am »
#4 As you mention this would require a delay to determine if a second (double) click was going to be done. Because of that I'm not sure that we can't implement it in this way due to the awkward delay.

#5 is implemented as the "Pressed and Held" event. This was introduced in version 1.1.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »
I kinda figured it would... this is wreaking havoc on my buttons now. A lot of the "pressed downs" aren't working anymore, sometimes pressing for a little longer than I should makes it works, most times it just doesn't work. Hard to get to "pressed and held" without going through "pressed" first I think.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
TS control's click events
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:58:59 pm »
Which events are you using?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:27:52 pm »
Nevermind, I see what is going on... I'll try to get an update out tonight to fix that.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies