Author Topic: Backing up and other questions  (Read 885 times)

Osler

• View Profile
Backing up and other questions
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:58 pm »
Where is core installation data maintained? Should the entire Elve folder be backed up in case of failure or is a there built-in back up that occurs at regular intervals?

Can device specific IR codes be exported in a format than can be easily shared among Elve users?

I must say, I initially built my IR database and added a Global Cache device and the entire procedure was rather painless. Nice work!

I have a multitude of touchscreen self-designed graphics from my current HA install that I will be porting over to Elve in the next few days. As soon as this is done I will post them for the community...assuming there is some mechanism for sharing such items. These include custom buttons and panels as well as TV channel specific buttons for the US, UK, and Netherlands.

Assuming all goes well, I also plan on porting devices for Sonos integration (www.sonos.com), SageTV integration (www.sagetv.com), and proliphix IP thermostat integration (www.proliphix.com) using the SDK.

I am impressed thus far. Keep up the good work.

Osler

Frunple

• View Profile
Re: Backing up and other questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:43:12 am »
Sonos support would be great!

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Backing up and other questions
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:26:52 am »
1. There is a section in the FAQ on backing up Elve data and where your files are stored. You should use your preferred backup tool to do routine backups, especially of the configuration files.

2. Importing/Exporting IR codes is on our to do list and we will likely even support an online database of IR codes in the future. To ensure this stays on our list and so we can gauge the priority please post a separate topic in the Feature Requests board. Thanks!

3. We would love to make your touch screen graphics available to users.  You can post them here in the forum and/or we can add your download file (or a link) in our online store for users to download.

4. Sonos, SageTV, and Proliphix thermostat driver have all been requested by other users.  We would be happy to help you build these drivers and please take a look at our Driver Development Incentive Program.

Thank you for you kind remarks, please let us know if you have any questions.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies