Author Topic: Boolean error. Doesn't like a space in folder name??  (Read 5694 times)

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Boolean error. Doesn't like a space in folder name??
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 11:23:59 pm »
Does the machine have more than 1 ip address? Based one of the exceptions in the log you sent me you likely need to set the WellKnownLocalHostName setting in the ClientConfig.xml file on the client machine (ie, the machine running Touch Screen Viewer, not on the Master Server machine). This tells the master service what address to use when sending back data to the Touch Screen Viewer app (such as changing a TS control property).

If you don't set the WellKnownLocalHostName setting then the app will choose an arbitrary address which may not be the best choice and you'll see an exception that looks something like:

ScriptEvaluatorException: An unknown error occurred while evaluating the script.  SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.122.12:14067
SocketException SocketErrorCode: ConnectionRefused

Here's an example of setting the WellKnownLocalHostName value in the ...\Codecore Technologies\Elve\ClientConfig.xml file:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<AutomationEngine>
<MasterServerHostName>192.168.1.5</MasterServerHostName>
<LoggingVerbosity>Normal</LoggingVerbosity>
<WellKnownLocalHostName>192.168.1.20</WellKnownLocalHostName>
</AutomationEngine>
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:18 am »
I think you're replying to the wrong thread here. I have no use for the WellKnownLocalHostName. It happens on the master server as well as other pc's on the same LAN.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:59 am »
The WellKnownLocalHostName setting is also used when a machine has multiple ip addresses (including vpn's and virtual machine bridges). I've updated the configuration file documentation with more information on this.

The log file you sent me had the following error in it (I masked the ip address):
An error occurred while executing the script TouchScreen.LoaderRadioButton.OnLoad.
ScriptEvaluatorException: An unknown error occurred while evaluating the script.  SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond x.x.x.x:61063
SocketException SocketErrorCode: TimedOut

That error should go away if you set the WellKnownLocalHostName to an appropriate ip address (you may need to try each).
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 11:05:46 am »
Yes but I'm not using multiple IP addresses.
Like I said, it happens on the master server and other pc's. The other ip's you are seeing must be other pc's on my network.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 10:26:28 pm »
If you are seeing this on a the Master Service machine which only has 1 NIC and 1 IP address then check the firewall and ensure there is a Program exception for the Touch Screen Viewer application (TouchScreen.exe) or test it with the firewall turned off.

We are working on a network connection tester application which will help identify configuration issues. I should be done soon.

Thanks for your patience.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies