Author Topic: ACT TI-103 Failures  (Read 1615 times)

mikedj

• View Profile
ACT TI-103 Failures
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:43:17 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my system.  On two or three occasions recently Elve has stopped talking to my TI-103.  Restarting Elve solves the problem.

Attached is a portion of the log file showing the errors.

Mike

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: ACT TI-103 Failures
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:08:57 pm »
That's odd, the driver is only receiving:

00!4B

but it should be receiving:

$<2800!4B

Elve detects that the whole message was not received and logs the error.

We have some other ACT users who frequent the board and they have not reported this as an issue so... while I don't know for sure I would assume that the ACT is actually not sending the whole command.

The next time you see this please do not restart elve or the driver. Try unplugging the ACT-TI103 from the power source, wait 2 minutes and then plug it pack in. Then wait a couple 2 more minutes and see if Elve has recovered. If it has then I would suspect that there is something wrong with the ACT-TI103.

John
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

mikedj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:32 pm »
I will give that a try.  Although, it could be a while since it doesn't happen often.

Does Elve kick the TI-103 when it starts?  In other words, if it's the TI-103 that is failing, it would have to be something Elve does during restart that wakes the TI-103 back up since simply restarting Elve clearly re-establishes communication.  FYI, I did not try restarting the driver, only Elve.

Mike

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:03:13 pm »
Yes and no. When the serial port is closed the device isn't receiving power on certain pins from the PC. I don't know if that has any effect or not for the ACT, but it does for the UPB modules.

Restarting Elve will effectively restart the driver as well.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies