Author Topic: Global Var boolean shows none.  (Read 2253 times)

Frunple

• View Profile
Global Var boolean shows none.
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »
If you associate a boolean to the global variables the only listed property name is "device is ready for use". None of the actual variables show.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: Global Var boolean shows none.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:54:12 pm »
Where are you doing the association? Are you just adding a boolean to the Initial Values setting? And if so what are you setting the value to?

I tried this with a value of both "true" and "false" (without the quotes) and it worked.

I also used a script to set a boolean global variable and it also shows up in the property list.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:24:42 pm »
I'm trying to come up with a work around for the "non-global radio button" problem I'm having (the video showed it).
I was thinking if I add a variable to each room "page", so "vars.FamilyRoomOn" would be true when being displayed, I can then put a boolean on the main TS that will check which "room variable" is true and add a radio button image to that button.
If you add a boolean to a TS, then choose to associate it to the Global Vars, the only listed property name is "device is ready for use". None of my custom made vars show up so I can't get my true/false for the room TS's.
Confused yet?
Global buttons would kick @#&%!!
On another note... would it make sense to make the TS builder have only one control (maybe right click /add control) then in it's properties you can choose which type of control it will be (button/ loader/radioloader/media browser, etc) with the ability to change it after its added?? I find myself wanting to use different controls so I have to add a new one and start from scratch with it instead of being able to change the existing.
Might not be possible by a programming point but it's just a thought.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:53:03 am »
If you associate a boolean to the global variables the only listed property name is "device is ready for use". None of the actual variables show."
Is this still an issue or can I close this bug report? If it is still an issue please provide details on what you are doing so we can accurately reproduce the issue.

I'm trying to come up with a work around for the "non-global radio button" problem I'm having (the video showed it).
I think this is a little off topic (?) but the latest 1.1 beta does support a global loader radio button now.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 05:15:59 am »
I don't know, maybe it works the way it's supposed to.
Should any of my custom variables be shown as properties under the global variables of a boolean control or not?

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »
It depends on where exactly you are look and what you mean...

Only boolean values will show up in the "Property Name" drop down list when a Boolen control's Properties window is open, the Boolean tab is selected, and the "Associate the control with a selected boolean device property" radio button is selected.

If you are not seeing them then try restarting Touch Screen Builder and checking again.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:32 pm »
Can I remove this as a bug?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple