Author Topic: Anyone still here?? Need Zwave help  (Read 4381 times)

Frunple

• View Profile
Anyone still here?? Need Zwave help
« on: October 29, 2017, 02:26:06 pm »
Not using my Omni Pro anymore and am trying to get the Elve Zwave driver going.
In the device properties, for battery level, lock state, and all thermostat entries I get this error:
Error: OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

And this in the log:

Date:     10/29/2017
Time:     5:19:01 PM
Severity: Error
Source:   DriverService
Computer: PLEXSERVER
Context Type: Driver
Context Name: Z-Wave : Z-Wave
Description:
An error occured while polling node 0.

TimeoutException: Failed to receive the Vizia RF '<X...' response within 30000 milliseconds.

System.TimeoutException: Failed to receive the Vizia RF '<X...' response within 30000 milliseconds.
   at BuiltInDrivers.ViziaRF.ViziaRF_RZC0P_Communication.getResponse(Char responseCodeCharacter, Int32 timeoutMilliseconds)
   at BuiltInDrivers.ViziaRF.ViziaRF_RZC0P_Communication.GetRFTransmissionResponse()
   at BuiltInDrivers.ViziaRF.ViziaRF_RZC0P_Communication.SendCommand(String command, Boolean getRFTransmissionResponse)
   at BuiltInDrivers.ViziaRF.ViziaRF_RZC0P_Communication.SendZWaveCommand(Int32[] nodeIDs, CommandClass commandClass, Byte[] parameters, Boolean sendSecure, Boolean waitForRFTransmissionResponse)
   at BuiltInDrivers.ViziaRF.ViziaRF_RZC0P_Communication.SendZWaveCommand(Int32[] nodeIDs, CommandClass commandClass, Byte[] parameters, Boolean waitForRFTransmissionResponse)
   at BuiltInDrivers.ZWave.ZWaveManager.RequestNodeLevel(Int32[] nodeIDs)
   at BuiltInDrivers.ZWave.ZWaveManager.PollNode(ZWaveNode node)

Any ideas?

bpwwer

• View Profile
Re: Anyone still here?? Need Zwave help
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:34:32 am »
Just based on the error, it looks like a communication problem between the controller and the device.  Have you tried unlink and relink them (or whatever the z-wave term is).  I haven't used the z-wave driver so I'm probably not much help.

Good to know I'm not the only one still using Elve though!

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 12:17:55 pm »
I haven't tried that yet only because I just moved and I can't find my installer stick for the zwave network.
Was hoping the VRC0P held the config but it's looking like it doesn't.
Gonna have to go digging in my storage unit I guess....

I don't see any reason to stop using Elve! Still just works.

superjer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:58:27 pm »
Same here. I am looking at other options like HomeSeer or CQC but the cost and poorly documented information regarding what's included is holding he back.  The only issue I have with Elve is that the weather underground driver stopped working a number of months ago.

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:30:08 am »
Same here. I am looking at other options like HomeSeer or CQC but the cost and poorly documented information regarding what's included is holding he back.  The only issue I have with Elve is that the weather underground driver stopped working a number of months ago.

That's not my driver is it?  I have one called WeatherUnderground PWS and I think I sent that on to John for inclusion in the product. If it is,  let me know what version it is. I'm still using it and it's working here but it's possible I updated my copy since sending it to John.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 01:20:48 pm »
Still working here too.
You may need to select another station. That's what happened to me a while back, the station I was using no longer existed.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 06:13:06 am »
As an update, I can successfully send commands from Putty and the lights respond. Can't get the locks to respond that way yet but as soon as I connect to the Elve driver, the VRC0P "locks up" and needs to be defaulted and added back into the network.
I wonder if anyone has ever used the Zwave driver and it worked??
Does anyone here have the source for the driver?

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 11:09:21 am »
I have source for something called ElveOpenZwave driver with file dates from 2011. It looks like a Visual Studio project source tree.  It looks like it's for the Aeon stick not the VRCOP though.  If you want it, I can zip it up for you.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 08:20:05 am »
I just sent you a PM.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:36 pm »
Anyone know how to get in touch with John?

superjer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 07:07:14 pm »

That's not my driver is it?  I have one called WeatherUnderground PWS and I think I sent that on to John for inclusion in the product. If it is,  let me know what version it is. I'm still using it and it's working here but it's possible I updated my copy since sending it to John.

Hi Bpwwer!  I should have checked back here earlier!  I sometimes forget to check in with the lack of traffic on the forum.  The driver actually is your your driver - I tried changed the weather station) and that did work for a while but now I am getting the following error.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

An error occurred while executing the script rule 'ZoneChanged'.
ScriptEvaluatorException: Cannot evaluate 'weather2.Temperature' since the device failed to start with an exception of 'ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
   at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
   at BuiltInDrivers.WeatherUndergroundDriver.PollWUndergroundForecast(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at BuiltInDrivers.WeatherUndergroundDriver.StartDriver(Dictionary`2 configFileData) at DriverService.DriverService2.createAndStartDevice(Object parameter)'.

CodecoreTechnologies.Elve.DriverFramework.Scripting.ScriptEvaluatorException: Cannot evaluate 'weather2.Temperature' since the device failed to start with an exception of 'ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
   at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
   at BuiltInDrivers.WeatherUndergroundDriver.PollWUndergroundForecast(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at BuiltInDrivers.WeatherUndergroundDriver.StartDriver(Dictionary`2 configFileData)
   at DriverService.DriverService2.createAndStartDevice(Object parameter)'.
   at CodecoreTechnologies.Elve.ScriptDeviceFailedToStart.GetProperty(String propertyName, IScriptObject& result)
   at ......

bpwwer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 11:45:18 am »

Hi Bpwwer!  I should have checked back here earlier!  I sometimes forget to check in with the lack of traffic on the forum.  The driver actually is your your driver - I tried changed the weather station) and that did work for a while but now I am getting the following error.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Well, the good news is that it's failing because the forecast data from the station you selected seems to be returning bad data for the forecast dates.   Getting it working again may be as simple as switching to another station again.  I can add some error checking to the driver that detects the bad data and doesn't crash, but...

The bad news is that the API that the driver uses is apparently no longer supported by WUnderground and could stop working completely at any time.

After poking around the WUnderground web site, I'm surprised that it's still working at all.  At the time that I wrote this (hard to believe that it's been almost 7 years), most of the weather server API's were charging to access their data.  This particular API from WUnderground was a bit of an exception primarily because it was being used to access data from personal weather stations.  At some point, they apparently decided to stop supporting this API and only support the API that requires paid access.

For people like me, that want to create a program to access the data, but aren't selling it, this poses a problem.  It's not really practical for me to purchase a subscription to the data as I have no way to recoup that cost.  The cheapest plan they have is $20 a month and that would only cover about 20 people using it. All of the main services that provide weather data work this way.

For developers, they do offer limited access for no charge (to develop and test their applications). So what many many people do, is sign up as a developer to get an access key just so they can access the weather data for no charge.

I did create an alternative driver that uses the currently supported API and requires an API key, but I've been using this same driver and not that one so I'd have to verify that it still works.  I had also created drivers for WeatherBug and WorldWeatherOnline but they require an API key to access their data also.

I think the only service that doesn't require a paid subscription is the NOAA service, but that doesn't provide as much data as the other services.

superjer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 10:51:52 pm »
Thanks Bob.  I changed weather stations and it started working again.  It's funny though as I had this issue occur previously, I changed weather stations and it worked for a few weeks then it started doing the same thing.  Really appreciate your help!