Author Topic: Now Playing migration project  (Read 11349 times)

jwilson56

• View Profile
Now Playing migration project
« on: April 26, 2011, 04:53:20 pm »
I am slowing looking at migrating my Now Playing project to Elve. Today I worked on my 5 day forecast screen and animated radar screen. I need to figure out how to add the Moonphases but here is what I have so far.

You can check out my Showcase blog on Cocoontech for my current project and details.

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=8&showentry=119

John

Now Playing skin creator
Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro
Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

jwilson56

• View Profile
Re: Now Playing migration project
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:23:38 am »
Here is an updated 5 Day Forecast screen with the Moonphases added. Note that this screen is a full size popup that can be called from other screens. When the back button is hit it will close the popup and display whatever you were doing before. Also added more details to the 5 day forecast.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:40:57 pm by jwilson56 »
John

Now Playing skin creator
Elk-M1EZ8 / Ocelot / SECU-16IR /SECU-16I / SECU-16 JRMC 11.1 / M-Audio Delta 410 / Xitel HIFI Pro

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 07:25:26 am »
Here is the start of my Now Playing JRMC Music screen.

John

Now Playing skin creator

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:35:59 am »
Updated screenshots for latest weather and radar screens

John

Now Playing skin creator

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 04:44:30 pm »
No Comments?
John

Now Playing skin creator

tannebil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:17:34 pm »
Ohhh!  Pretty!

You are operating in a different league from me so I've got nothing.

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 05:23:24 am »
I keep seeing these posts of Now Playing all over the place.... what exactly is it??
Am I missing something? I don't get it, sorry.

Walken100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 05:32:02 am »
Nice, looking at what others have done provides lots of ideas. Of course it also makes me understand how limited my abilities are.  :D
Bart
So tell me again why I have a right half of my brain?

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:09:26 am »
Now Playing is what I call my home automation project. It has many home automation functions like voice announcements and turning lights on and off but also has a 6 zone whole house music system at its center.

To read more about it you can visit my blog

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=8&showentry=119

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:13:52 am by jwilson56 »
John

Now Playing skin creator

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 06:55:43 am »
Here is the updated JRMC playing now screen with the playlist control object.

John

Now Playing skin creator

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »
It looking very nice!
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 04:45:41 pm »
Here is yet another updated JRMC playing now screen with the playlist control object as well as a bunch of buttons which will need to be implemented down the road. Also the LED power status LEDs will be set via the Ocelot digital inputs at a later time. I did however add my Google Calendar view popup.

John

Now Playing skin creator

jwilson56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 06:38:02 am »
Nice, looking at what others have done provides lots of ideas. Of course it also makes me understand how limited my abilities are.  :D

In what way do you feel that your abilities are not up to creating a nice GUI?  Is it the graphical part or the creation with Elve itself? Just curious as I am not very artistic myself. I know enough Photoshop to get me back. For personal use you can grab a lot of graphics from Google Image searches. In fact there are button collections available to use as well as many other graphics. If its Elve then don't hesitate to ask. I am new to Elve but find it pretty easy to use so far. Asking is what this forum is for.

John

Now Playing skin creator

Walken100

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 06:49:02 am »
In what way do you feel that your abilities are not up to creating a nice GUI? 

Tain't elves fault......  :D

I've found lots of graphics just not good at being creative. Don't get me wrong. I like my own stuff. I'm just more interested in function than form so I tend to focus on function.  I do appreciate a nice looking interface however.
Bart
So tell me again why I have a right half of my brain?

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 08:11:33 am »
In what way do you feel that your abilities are not up to creating a nice GUI? 

Tain't elves fault......  :D

I've found lots of graphics just not good at being creative. Don't get me wrong. I like my own stuff. I'm just more interested in function than form so I tend to focus on function.  I do appreciate a nice looking interface however.

I bet you could suprise yourself.
Just take a look at the interface in this thread, it's just a background picture when you really get down to it, same as mine. Find yourself a nice background that you like, then start putting your existing controls on top of it. You'll probably have to move things around a few... hundred times but once you find the perfect "spot" you'll be set!
And the best thing about elve is you can do anything you want. My last system was a "canned" interface and I always found myself wishing I could put my garage open button on the garage camera page or be able to go to "this" page from "that" one etc. with elve I can!
As far as buttons, you can make your own, find them online or ask for help and one of us can make some for you. Maybe I'll put together a quick video of how to make your own if I can find enough time. You'll kick yourself when you see how easy it is.