Configuration > Rules Configuration

New IR problem executing a rule!

(1/9) > >>

Deane Johnson:
My IR has been functioning perfectly for over a month now with the new Global Cache 100-6.  Never a miss.

I added an Action to the Theater ON list yesterday that simply turned the DVD player on via an IR emitter.  Wait 5 seconds and open the drawer.

At that point the Theater ON Action List would no longer respond to the received IR from the Pronto.

Other rules requiring activation from a received IR from the Pronto still appear to work normally.

I tried creating a new test rule with a different code and it too will not work.

The log shows normal receipt of the IR signal from the Pronto and a normal looking IR code.

The rule executes normally using the Test feature in the Rule.

I have removed the DVD player from the library and the Action from the Rule with no change.

The Theater OFF Rule has the same issue and I had also added the DVD Player IR Commands to it.

It's like everything is working normally but there is no connection between the received IR and the Rule execute function.

I have a feeling this is something simple I'm just not finding.

I'm using Version 1.1.0.67 which has been in place since it was released.
Windows XP Pro

Deane Johnson:
As I think more about this, I am wondering about possible file corruption.

I sort of remember an anomaly when I went to save the modification of the rule.  I believe I had to do a second save.   The reason I'm not sure is that I didn't check the rule until that evening, so I'm a bit hazy on what happened earlier.

I have a backup of the Elve Application files from before the incident.  I was going to rename the folder and substitute the backup to see if that cleared the issue, but it won't let me rename the original because it's in use.

iolaus:

--- Quote from: Deane Johnson on October 18, 2011, 04:58:51 am ---I have a backup of the Elve Application files from before the incident.  I was going to rename the folder and substitute the backup to see if that cleared the issue, but it won't let me rename the original because it's in use.

--- End quote ---

Deane,

You probably just need to stop all the Elve services before you can make changes to the files.

Deane Johnson:
Thanks for your response.

Probably true, I'm not sure how to turn off the services.

I'd also like to figure out just which file it is rather than replacing the whole folder.

iolaus:

--- Quote from: Deane Johnson on October 18, 2011, 05:50:54 pm ---Thanks for your response.

Probably true, I'm not sure how to turn off the services.

I'd also like to figure out just which file it is rather than replacing the whole folder.

--- End quote ---

Assuming you're running windows you shut down the services using the Windows Services management interface.  Here are directions for finding it in different versions of Windows: http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/11299.html.  Just stop of the Elve services using that interface.

As for the correct file to replace, I'm not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version