Author Topic: Aprilaire 8870 Commands  (Read 3424 times)

Juan C.

• View Profile
Aprilaire 8870 Commands
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:08:02 pm »
I just got the Aprilaire 8870 stat, I trying to set an schedule but have found out the if I send a command it those not work. Im able to control the stat with no issue, but when trying to send a command like settting heat set point to a certain temperature nothing happens, then if I increment the heat set point it will work on the stat but Elve will not update the set point, and if I try ti decrease heat set point nothing happens, those are the commands that Im trying to use so far, I was tring to created a schedule for this upcoming winter, Thanks

Juan C.

• View Profile
Re: Aprilaire 8870 Commands
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:06 am »
Any udate    :-[

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:45:06 pm »
I sent the author of the driver an email but have not heard anything back yet.

Have you tried using Elve Management Studio's Methods tab to send the commands directly?

Can you please turn on diagnostic logging for that device, then send a command that works, then send a command that does not work, then post the log.data contents. Let us know which commands you send so we can have a better idea of what to look for.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Juan C.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:54 am »
Have not had the time to pull the log, will send it as soons as possible, here are some of the command I have try and the result

Set heat point: send heat point and nothing happens
Increment heat point by x: those increase on the thermostat but not on Elve
Decrement heat point by x: nothing happens
Set date: nothing happens

As mention this is so far what I have try, the other thing I just found out is the it can only control one thermostat, just bought the aprilaire 8818 to be able to add more control, when I try to send a command to addres #2 it says the error the address can only be from 1 to 1, should it be able to support more than one????

Juan C.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:16:31 pm »
Any update on this matter?????

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 09:11:28 pm »
Did you send the log?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 04:05:01 pm »
I'm checking up on this... please let me know if you can send the log.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Juan C.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »
Will send the log as soon as I get home, so far what I have found is that since I had set the stat to Celsius that was causing some of the problem of setting the heat set point to a certain value, hope that in the future we can have it working, other issue I have found to so far is that if I increase or decrease the cool set point, the heat set point changes to 85, why??? don´t understand, will send log later with more detail, I´m out of town picking up remote sensors to monitor other areas in the house and the outside temperature.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:30:08 pm by Juan C. »

MavRic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 04:54:38 pm »
Juan,

the odd behaviour of the setpoints when using offset buttons in a screen linked to the parameter i am also seeing.  No solution on that one so far.  To workaround i created some buttons with presets.  Works for now..but not as flexible.