Author Topic: HAI - Rule during alarm  (Read 3988 times)

broconne

• View Profile
HAI - Rule during alarm
« on: December 26, 2011, 05:36:14 pm »
I may be missing the obvious, but how do I create a rule for when the HAI has gone into alarm mode and also detect what type of alarm is occurring?  For example, I want to create rule when a fire alarm trips or when a CO detector trips, etc..

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
Re: HAI - Rule during alarm
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 05:52:26 pm »
I believe the alarm types are still on our to do list. I'll need to check.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Paul_Sharrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 01:15:13 am »
Hi John

My version of the driver can do this, however, I have been having a couple of issues with the driver timing out, although I did get this with the original version, so not sure if its anything I have done.

Paul

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:30 am »
Just to clarify, I sent the driver source code to Paul and he has made some changes/additions to the driver.

Paul, if your changes are stable and you don't mind contributing them to the community we would be happy to incorporate them.

Which property/event are you thinking of that shows the HAI has gone into alarm mode?
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Paul_Sharrock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:52 am »
It creates the functionality by using the events.
Everytime an event is created it generates an elve event which I use a rule to decide on the action.

The default driver knows the system is in an alarm state, and an elve event is created, however, it doesn't know which type of alarm it is.  (AreaArmStatus)

With regards to my driver, I am still having a couple issues with it, but not had chance to spend as much time recently on it. I have been using it on my setup for the last 2-3 months though. I have a rule send me an SMS when the alarm is active telling me which type of alarm is it, and which user then subsequently turns it off.

Paul

sierra055

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:47:44 am »
Hi, just wondering if there was an update to this.
I'm trialing Elve purely to tie in with my OmniPro II and being able to email on alarm is a core function i'm looking for.

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:49 pm »
I don't believe I ever received the source code from Paul so I implemented this myself and it will be available in Elve 2.0. Sorry for the late reply... I was getting a sunburn on vacation.  8)

When Elve 2.0 is released you will have 2 new properties named AreaAlarmStates and AreaAlarmStateTexts. There will also be change events associated with both of these.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

sierra055

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »
Thanks John, good to know that it's coming as it's a key function for me.
I don't suppose there is an ETA for v2.0?

John Hughes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Codecore Technologies
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 08:24:58 pm »
There is no ETA yet for Elve 2.0 but we are making a lot of progress and have some great features coming.
John Hughes
Codecore Technologies

Frunple

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 05:03:45 am »
With regards to my driver, I am still having a couple issues with it, but not had chance to spend as much time recently on it. I have been using it on my setup for the last 2-3 months though. I have a rule send me an SMS when the alarm is active telling me which type of alarm is it, and which user then subsequently turns it off.
Paul

Paul, Any chance you added more access control functionality to your driver?